Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Couples getting married on February 27, 2021 in Alberta

Slma, on May 26, 2020 at 19:57 Posted in Alberta 0 6

Anyone else thinking about trying to forge ahead with their date? February feels so far away, but I'm honestly not sure it's far enough when large gatherings and an end to social distancing likely won't be allowed until there's a vaccine. Anyone already thinking about cancelling? I'm so on the fence I have no idea what to do.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Slma, on May 26, 2020 at 20:31
  • S
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds lovely. And totally unique for your Aussie guests!

• Lauren
    Newbie February 2021 Alberta
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, or that they will have to self isolate when they arrive in Canada too. Will ruin their trip over for sure, if it were me I wouldn’t want to travel and have to isolate. Its just a waiting game, but then I worry that if if I leave it too late to make the decision there may not be many vendors available that I want - too stressful!

Calgary! I’m hoping for a beautiful sunny winter day so we can have ceremony outside, if not our reception venue can hold the ceremony too!
  • S
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we're going to wait until October to decide. And between now and then I'll just have to not think about it so much.

Where are you getting married?

• S
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiance's family is almost exclusively coming from the States. And I know he'll be pretty bummed if most of them can't come due to travel restrictions. Another concern is that people are allowed to travel, but required to self-isolate for 14 days when they return home. I don't know too many people that are able to do that. (But my fiance and I are both in health care, I suppose there are a lot of people who are able to work from home.) That's what we're thinking too, to wait until October to make the decision. But I think the uncertainty will drive me crazy. Our venue and our church could not handle social distancing. And I don't want to be in a position where I have to choose 50 people, or cancel the dance because people will dance too close.

Where are you getting married?

• Lauren
    Newbie February 2021 Alberta
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello, I’m wondering about cancelling or rescheduling also. Half of my wedding guests would be coming from Australia and I am concerned we will not have travel restrictions lifted or that flights may not be available in time. That’s not even considering what the social distancing might look like, we only have 60 guests so not too crazy but our venue is no equipped for social distancing. I only have venue and photographer booked, I’m finding it hard to decide whether I book my vendors now or wait a while. I’m thinking I might wait til September to make a final decision!
  • Arielle
    Newbie February 2022 Alberta
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve debated the same thing. I’m so unsure of February 2021 is far enough away to ensure the safety of our guests. For right now, we’re waiting and “going ahead as planned”. I assume we will have better direction late this summer/early fall so we will likely wait until then to make a final decision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics