Latest activity by Maegan, on March 29, 2020 at 14:01
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brooke!
    My Fiance and I are in the same boat. We've been planning our wedding for May 30th for over 2 years and desperatley don't want to move it unless absolutely necessary. Lucky for us, our Venues been incredible and keep us updated very regualarly. They fully support our decision to wait a bit longer and see what things are looking like before deciding weather or not to postpone. However, with many later brides postponing their weddings due to family having to travel internationally for it, or having very vulnerable guests, 2 things were lucky to not have to worry about, they did let us know we could hold a date we'd want to postpone to in case it comes to that and honestly thats been a big relief to have. All of our vendors put that date on hold in case. I would suggest just setting up a Plan B if you havent already done so- its been the best thing to allow me to hope for May 30th but relieve some stress about postponing if need be.
    Heres hoping everything relaxes in the coming weeks!
  • Sheharzad
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Sheharzad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello, I'm also getting married on May 30 (hopefully). We are going to wait till late April to decide what we're going to do. I really don't want to postpone. I am just not ready to give up on my dream wedding yet. I am hopeful that things will get better soon. The next few days and weeks are crucial and I am constantly praying for a miracle!

• Liz J
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Liz J ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We decided just yesterday to postpone. I’m heartbroken but I know it’s the right decision.
    We were originally going to wait until May 1 to decide, but honestly I think not knowing whether or not our wedding was going to happen would have killed me.
    It was also alarming to me to learn that all of the other May couples at our venue had already rescheduled. Our venue gave us the next dates available until the end of the year and we’ve reached out to our vendors to see what will work with them. It’s looking like November for us.
  • Brooke
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope for both our sales that everything works out!❤
  • Logan
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Logan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Brooke,
    My fiance and I are in the same boat. I think for now we will continue to plan and then reassess the entire wedding come May 1st. I am hopeful things will have gotten better by then, but at this point who knows. I have not heard anything from my vendors yet but if they reach out and cancel we will likely change our wedding plans. I know right now we are asked not to have gatherings with more than 50 people and weddings sometimes have more. Hears to hoping our May 30 weddings don't get affected by this!!
  • Brooke
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! For everyone getting married May 30th is anyone considering postponing their wedding because if this virus pandemic? Or are you continuing with the plans? My fiance and I are trying to figure out the best thing to do and I need some advice- I know people are hopeful that by the end of May things should be better, but I also had a family member suggest we should postpone it for another year. I really don't want to, and hope everything gets better in the next couple of weeks 😪
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Samuel! Congrats and welcome to WeddingWire!! How's your planning going so far? We'd love to hear what you're working on!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics