Getting married at the Elora Mill October 3 2020

33 Comments

Latest activity by Kris, on June 17, 2020 at 02:05
  • K
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning on going ahead and eloping this year then have a bigger wedding in a few years. With restrictions easing its giving us hope but places to get a marriage license are still closed. We still have time but it’s definitely a huge stress!
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really nice to hear from everyone about how their feeling! Thanks for sharing girls! The new guidelines that they released yesterday for wedding made me a bit hopeful for October, like things are moving back in the right direction.
  • Carolina
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey!

We haven't postponed yet. Our wedding invitation vendor (she has been amazing) needs to know by July 10 if she can print the wedding invitations, so that is our cut off date. We are also flip flopping. We also have a stag and bridal shower booked for September and I just don't see it happening. We are confused if celebrating a stag and bridal shower post wedding will be strange. We are okay with having a reception a year later. We just don't know. You definitely aren't alone in this Smiley smile

• Nicole
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In the same boat, unfortunately! As things keep changing it's hard to know what to do.

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are very nervous as well as we have a guest size of 500! I think it looks like we are postponing it. We will make the last call at the end of July.

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey, October 3, 2020 brides! Have any of you decided to postpone? We keep flip flopping but I’m starting to get really nervous.
  • Michelle
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married October 3rd in King City. My venue has been very good at keeping us informed, however they are not even thinking about postponing fall weddings yet. We have chosen to make the call come August, and are keeping our guests updated via our website. I'm just worried that with all the spring/summer weddings having to postpone now that there won't be any 2021 saturday dates available if we do need to postpone.
  • D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting Married Oct 3 in Bolton, I know the Church part will be fine, just wondering what the restrictions will be on guests for the reception...hoping its atleast 100. Regardless i will get married with reception or no reception, everything is already planned just hoping for the best. Good luck to all and stay safe 💗
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will be waiting until the end of August to see the situation. I keep following the projections, and it seems that Ontario seems to be doing better than the "best case scenario" so far. We were suppose to pass the ICU limit this week, but didn't get there. I am extremely stressed out as well as I don't know whether the measures will be lifted by the end of summer or whether there would be a second wave. I am trying to stay optimistic and keep reminding myself that it is still 6 months away. I have already planned everything except my invitations (which we will send out in September) and the wedding cake. Things change so fast, so I think it is best to wait it out.

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Some people say cancel now. Others say keep planning like normal and see what happens. I think at this point we are basically continuing as planned. I was planning to order invites late May, so see where the world is at by then and I guess go from there. Stressed tho. It's annoying to not know what to do.
  • B
    Britney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello to all my October 3rd wedding couples!

Hoping that you are all keeping safe and healthy during this time.

Wanted to pop on here to see how you all are feeling durnig this time, and what you all think is the best plan of action for our upcoming wedding date.

Do we postpone?

Do we wait it out?

Do we keep planning in full on planning mode?

Do we take a step back?

Would love to know how you are all trying to tackle this.

Stay safe and strong everyone!

• Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married in Toronto! However, I do fear now because of the COVID-19 situation...

• Kaylea
    Kaylea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married October 3, at Camp Eden woods!
  • M
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married on Oct 3rd 2020 super excited
  • Apple
    Apple ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! I don't know if you've already found a venue, but I find that the convention centres were pretty steady with their availability for Oct. 3rd. I started looking for venues the same week I got engaged.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married at the Paradise Banquet Hall in Concord
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I’ve now felt the same as you and just started looking outside of the city sadly.
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had the hardest time finding a venue! I got engaged on June 28th and started sending emails to venues right away and got discouraged when everywhere I reached out to told me they were booked. We ended up finding the perfect venue in Oakville, try looking at places outside of the city if that's an option for you guys.

• E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Our wedding date is also October 3, 2020!
    Has anyone else had a hard time finding a venue in Toronto? It seems like every place I’ve looked at are booked on our date!!
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married on the 3rd as well💕💕 I hope your planning is going well!
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello fellow Ontario October matrimonial friends. Question, if any of you have opted for a honeymoon in a tropical destination, where are you planning on going? My FH and I are having difficulty nailing down a honeymoon spot as October seems to be hurricane season or rainy season for most tropical locations. I was just curious as to what others getting married around the same time have chosen.

Thank you in advance!

• J
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married Oct 3, 2020 at Holland Marsh Winery in Newmarket!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Elora Mills seems to be a good venue you have chosen as some of the members on here have booked with the same. Planning process going well and smooth I imagine.

Excitement of the countdown must be feeling closer towards your day and the feeling of family and friends coming to celebrate with you two.

• Jenny
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not quite the same date but we’re also getting married at the Elora Mill on October 24th 2020!
  • Chere-Lee
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My wedding date is my Mother's birthday. She passed away 12 years ago and I chose the date to honour her!

• M
    Madelin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married October 3,2020 at the RMG art gallery in Oshawa.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is where my sister got married just under 2 years ago and it was the best wedding I have ever attended. The food was DIVINE!

• Chere-Lee
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lakeview was our first choice! But sadly our guest list is too small! It's such a beautiful venue!

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are getting married October 3, 2020 at Lakeview by Carmen’s!
  • Chere-Lee
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband to be and I are getting married at C Hotel by Carmen's on October 3, 2020 in Hamilton, Ontario! October 3 was chosen as it is my late Mom's 62nd birthday. She left us 12 years ago at the age of 48.

• Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in Niagara Falls (my hometown)! We will be getting married 50 floors above the falls with breathtaking views. I can’t wait!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to WeddingWire! We're happy to have you here planning with us. Does your wedding date have a special meaning? How did you choose it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics