You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Jennifer
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 3/october/2020 in Ontario

Jennifer, on January 15, 2019 at 15:43 Posted in Ontario 2 27
Saved Save
Getting married at the Elora Mill October 3 2020

27 Comments

• Michelle
    Michelle
    • Dispute
    We are getting married October 3rd in King City. My venue has been very good at keeping us informed, however they are not even thinking about postponing fall weddings yet. We have chosen to make the call come August, and are keeping our guests updated via our website. I'm just worried that with all the spring/summer weddings having to postpone now that there won't be any 2021 saturday dates available if we do need to postpone.
  • D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly
    • Dispute
    Getting Married Oct 3 in Bolton, I know the Church part will be fine, just wondering what the restrictions will be on guests for the reception...hoping its atleast 100. Regardless i will get married with reception or no reception, everything is already planned just hoping for the best. Good luck to all and stay safe 馃挆
  • Zehra
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Zehra Online
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I will be waiting until the end of August to see the situation. I keep following the projections, and it seems that Ontario seems to be doing better than the "best case scenario" so far. We were suppose to pass the ICU limit this week, but didn't get there. I am extremely stressed out as well as I don't know whether the measures will be lifted by the end of summer or whether there would be a second wave. I am trying to stay optimistic and keep reminding myself that it is still 6 months away. I have already planned everything except my invitations (which we will send out in September) and the wedding cake. Things change so fast, so I think it is best to wait it out.

• Katie
    Katie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Some people say cancel now. Others say keep planning like normal and see what happens. I think at this point we are basically continuing as planned. I was planning to order invites late May, so see where the world is at by then and I guess go from there. Stressed tho. It's annoying to not know what to do.
  • B
    Britney
    • Dispute

Hello to all my October 3rd wedding couples!

Hoping that you are all keeping safe and healthy during this time.

Wanted to pop on here to see how you all are feeling durnig this time, and what you all think is the best plan of action for our upcoming wedding date.

Do we postpone?

Do we wait it out?

Do we keep planning in full on planning mode?

Do we take a step back?

Would love to know how you are all trying to tackle this.

Stay safe and strong everyone!

• Zehra
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Zehra Online
    • Dispute

Getting married in Toronto! However, I do fear now because of the COVID-19 situation...

• Kaylea
    Kaylea
    • Dispute
    Getting married October 3, at Camp Eden woods!
  • Mary
    Mary
    • Dispute
    I'm getting married on Oct 3rd 2020 super excited
  • Apple
    Apple
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Hey! I don't know if you've already found a venue, but I find that the convention centres were pretty steady with their availability for Oct. 3rd. I started looking for venues the same week I got engaged.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Nelly
    • Dispute
    We鈥檙e getting married at the Paradise Banquet Hall in Concord
  • E
    Emma
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I鈥檝e now felt the same as you and just started looking outside of the city sadly.
  • Melissa
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Melissa
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I had the hardest time finding a venue! I got engaged on June 28th and started sending emails to venues right away and got discouraged when everywhere I reached out to told me they were booked. We ended up finding the perfect venue in Oakville, try looking at places outside of the city if that's an option for you guys.

• E
    Emma
    • Dispute
    Hi Our wedding date is also October 3, 2020!
    Has anyone else had a hard time finding a venue in Toronto? It seems like every place I鈥檝e looked at are booked on our date!!
  • Emily
    Featured May 2021 Ontario
    Emily
    • Dispute
    We鈥檙e getting married on the 3rd as well馃挄馃挄 I hope your planning is going well!
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee
    • Dispute

Hello fellow Ontario October matrimonial friends. Question, if any of you have opted for a honeymoon in a tropical destination, where are you planning on going? My FH and I are having difficulty nailing down a honeymoon spot as October seems to be hurricane season or rainy season for most tropical locations. I was just curious as to what others getting married around the same time have chosen.

Thank you in advance!

• Julia
    Julia
    • Dispute

Getting married Oct 3, 2020 at Holland Marsh Winery in Newmarket!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles