Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Frequent user August 2018 Alberta

Couples getting married on 3/august/2018 in alberta

Katelyn, on August 13, 2017 at 23:36 Posted in Alberta 0 9
Is anyone else getting married in Banff on August 3 2018? What was your reason for choosing a Friday?
We're having our reception outdoors at Emerald Lake and we couldn't be more excited! It is so beautiful there, and it's a special place for the groom's family. We'll have a cocktail hour following the ceremony, mostly to encourage our guests to explore Emerald lake a bit and take in its beauty. Then we'll all head back to Banff for a reception at the Fenlands on the Concourse! We love the floor to ceiling windows, exposed wood, and perogies!!
We're a small town saskatchewan couple who just can't get enough of the mountains. We love the prairies, the "living skies", and our life here, but we always imagined our wedding in the mountains! We got engaged in the spring, and we're a bit disappointed that that was not enough notice for a summer 2018 Saturday wedding. There was ONE Saturday left, and we are both too stubborn to be ok with just being "told" what our wedding date would be. We realized that even with a Saturday wedding, most of our guests would have to take off the Friday for travel. We also want to give our guests an opportunity to explore the mountains and see what we love so much about the area. So, a Friday wedding it has become! Even better, on a long weekend!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Chantal, on December 8, 2017 at 17:29
  • C
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Chantal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katelyn

Are you having your ceremony at Emerald Lake? We are getting married there too in September on a Friday as well! . I was wondering if you have researched an officiant in the area yet? We just started this search and are having a hard time finding a local officiant. Any suggestions?

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, oops, that was my assumption! I'm an avid golfer - it looks like a beautiful course! Will you do your ceremony indoors or outdoors? The function room looks great too - exposed wood and floor to ceiling windows, my favourite! Plus that stone fireplace!

• Shannon
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My apologies, I'm new to this website lol. We aren't getting married in Banff (although I wish we could). We are getting married at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo, ON Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw, summer evenings in the mountains are so pretty! An evening wedding and hors d'oeuvres is so classy. Where is your venue? You're from Ontario - what made you choose Banff?

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

PS- We are getting married the weekend after you! Friday August 10, 2018. We wanted to have our wedding on a Friday as we are doing a cocktail reception. Our ceremony is going to be a bit later (6:30 pm) which will allow guests to eat some food beforehand. At the reception, we plan on having appetizers served throughout the night!

Great idea having your wedding on a long weekend too!

• Shannon
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Katelyn, your venue is absolutely stunning!Smiley laugh

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These look literally magical!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do have photos!

At both venues, we intend to keep decor fairly minimal. For Cilantro, it will be set up fairly similar to in the photo below, with a few flowers and an archway. After the ceremony, they will wheel out a rustic wood bar!

Cilantron Emerald Lake, BC - location of CeremonyCilantron Emerald Lake, BC - location of CeremonyCilantro, Emerald Lake, BCCilantro, Emerald Lake, BC

For Fenlands, I imagine a fairly similar setup to the photo below - tall centrepieces, but mauve instead of green. We don't really plan on having any large backdrops because the mountains will be our backdrop!

Fenlands, Banff, AB - location of ReceptionFenlands, Banff, AB - location of ReceptionFenlands, Banff, ABFenlands, Banff, AB

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How lovely that you can get married somewhere with special meaning, even if you didn't have much control over the date. Do you have any pictures of the location you'd like to share? How will you set the space up?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics