Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 25/july/2020 in Ontario

Julie, on February 4, 2018 at 12:18 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hello there !

The small town where i come from, you don't see a whole lot of "Same Sex couples" especially married ones. There is more Catholics schools than Public schools, and parents don't really talk to their children about other families being different than theirs. You find yourself being the centre of attention even though you could care less. A lot of religious families don't understand and are not accepting of this "New normal". You are left wondering why you should be treated a certain way rather than normal.

Then i fell in love with this beautiful woman.. And for the first time in my life, i moved to Ottawa, away from the judgments and hatred. Ottawa takes pride in our community and respects us ! We can walk hand in hand without having to hide who we really are. We can kiss in front of others without being scared someone saw us or made fun of us. We can be "US" a little more than before.

I asked her to marry me because she's the most wonderful woman in my life, she never gives up on anything and she still stands by me everyday ! Being able to say that i have found " True love" is magical and "SHE'S" the most amazing human being i know. I cannot wait for the day that we both look into each others eyes and say "I DO". I cannot wait to marry my "Best-friend" !

This is our story, thank you !

Julie

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on March 12, 2020 at 11:17
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes for sure I know what you mean ! We did it all ourselves so I get it totally ! But all in the end, its totally worth it !
  • Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe thank you!! It’s a whirlwind right now with making invitations, waiting for my dress and Justiss waiting for hers, engagement shoot and so much more
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Change of plans ! I got married last September 14th 2019 ! We didnt want to wait any longer and we tied the knot ! It was magical and the most wonderful day ever ! So glad we did it ! Cant wait to see you guys getting married as well this year ! Congrats xox
  • Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this! My fiancé Justiss and I live in Norfolk and are getting married in August!

I don’t see a lot of same sex couples on here!
    How’s the wedding planning going?
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hii Smiley laugh thank you so much !!! Love conquers it all ❤️ We are now happily married since September 14th 2019 we did change our date last minute lol
  • Lauren
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie!

Also marrying my best friend next year in Ontario. Neither of us are from 'small' towns, but they certainly weren't queer friendly towns growing up! We live in Waterloo now, and have loved it.

Glad to hear you've found somewhere accepting of your love!

Good luck with all of your planning!

Lauren

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics