Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 24/may/2019 in Ontario, outdoor wedding & bugs?

Emma, on March 26, 2019 at 16:56 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hi everyone! Seeing as we are all getting married on the same day, I wondered if many of you are going outdoor wedding (weather permitting). If so, does the idea of bugs concern you (being close to black fly season)? And if so, have you found or come up with any ideas to tackle this issue? Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on April 20, 2019 at 12:40
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I could help!

• Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Allison! I'll keep those tips in mind! I might look for bug lanterns as we cannot have citronella candles at our venue.

• Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Cliodhna! I spoke with the coordinator and they do have bug spray in the bathrooms! They mentioned that we could maybe hide some bug lanterns on the ends of the chair rows where they will be less visible!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire Community, Emma Smiley heart

Allison has given some really good tips! The citronella candles is a great idea as you can easily incorporate more candles to the wedding without them looking odd!

It could be a great idea to have some bug lotion/repellent in the restrooms at the venues encase guests would like to use it.

Have you spoken with the venue coordinator? They may have some suggestions also from their previous experience.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married May 25, 2019 and we are just hoping that because we are getting married on the patio by the building that the black flies won't be as bad as they would if we got married on the lawn by the lake. At least the ceremony will be short and by the time dinner is done it will be around 8 so they won't be biting anymore.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emma, Welcome to the Wedding Wire Community!!

I'm getting married indoors in October (long past blackfly season), but as someone who spends quite a bit of time outdoors during blackfly season, and is allergic to blackflies, here's some tips:

I would get some bug lotion - it doesn't smell as awful as the bug spray and it's not greasy-feeling.

Look for citronella candles/those coils you light up, these both tend to keep bugs away.

Have benadryl (cream) available in case you're bitten and start to swell up! The pills work too, but they make me extremely drowsy so keep that in mind.

Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics