Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caroline
Beginner August 2020 British Columbia

Couples getting married on 23/may/2020 in British Columbia

Caroline, on June 15, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in British Columbia 0 8

Hi Everyone, I'm getting married for the first time in my life at the age for 46.... So much to think about and so little that I know about weddings. I would love to get some ideas for entertaining a small crowd and make it feel like it's not boring and that they will remember our wedding for the good reasons.

Can't wait to read your suggestions!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rachel, on January 20, 2020 at 00:19
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just discovered the "photo-booths for rent" . They come stocked with props and a backdrop and an assistant to supervise. They'll print the photo-strips out for guests to keep and you can either decide to have all the pics given to you as digital files or doubles printed so you can make a little scrap book or send them to guests as thank-yous. They take care of setup and take-down and you pay for 3, 4, or 5hr sessions. I love the idea of the fun candid pics, taking a bit of stress off our photographer and some really un-posed, "real" pictures. Hopefully fun enough to keep the kids entertained too.

• Caroline
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bonjour Lynne, et oui je suis Quebecoise! Je viens de la rive-sud de Montreal. Nous habitons a Vancouver depuis decembre 2018. C'est magnifique ici et les hivers sont pas mal plus agreable, bien que tres pluvieux mais au moins y fait moins frette!!

Le voyage de noces n'est pas encore determiner, j'aimerais beaucoup aller a Hawai, faut en profiter tant qu['on est proche. Pour nous aller a Hawai c'est comme vous autre aller a Cuba.

Mes invitation sont directement sur le site, bcp plus facile que de les poster.

J'ai trouver bcp de chose sur Market Place sur FB. Beau bon pas chere!

• Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bonjour Caroline, je vois que tu parles le français? Pour ma part j'habite à Montréal mais je suis native du Nouveau-Brunswick. C'est super que tu aies presque tout déjà préparé! Partez-vous en voyage après votre mariage?De mon côté les préparatifs avancent bien mais il me reste encore beaucoup de choses à faire. Au fait, en ce moment je suis en train de faire nos cartes d'invitations. J'aime beaucoup faire du bricolage et être creative alors cest une étape qui me plaît. Smiley winking
  • Caroline
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey sorry Lynne, I haven't seen your message earlier. The planning goes well actually almost everything's done! How about you?

• Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Caroline,
    Looks like we have something in common because I'm also getting married for the first time in my life and I'm 48 years old. 😃
    How's the planning coming along?
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Caroline Smiley smile

Congratulations on your engagement!

There is a WeddingWire ideas article with fun game ideas, some of these may work for entertaining your wedding guests! Check them out here - 11 Fun Wedding Games (Besides Cornhole!).

Will you be having a band or DJ at your wedding?

• Caroline
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Seleena,

We do have our venue :-) and would like to have 35 guests. Sparklers is a great idea!

Thank you for this

Caroline

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the WW community!

That is so amazing, so happy for you Smiley smile

How many guests do you have? Have you chosen your venue yet?

I am also having a small wedding (22 guests). We are having sparklers at the end of the night. I thought about doing a little 'I Spy' game while we are gone taking pictures with our photographer.

See this discussion for previous ideas for small weddings. Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics