Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsea
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on 21/august/2021 in Ontario

Kelsea, on May 12, 2019 at 08:01 Posted in Ontario 1 14

ahhhhh ladies, i don't even know where to start? is it too early? How have you girls been planning? Message me haha. This is so overwhelming and exciting that i don't know where to start and if its too soon. Congrats to all you ladies Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on January 15, 2021 at 22:53
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would probably be better later in the year! Seeing as they probably won't get the vaccines out to everyone before May, unfortunately.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am planning for my wedding to be in Hamilton as well so I am also hoping they will eventually allow that many people, in time for my wedding. From what I've heard, COVID vaccines will be completely out to the public by late September, hopefully, if not sooner.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi, I have started planning. I am doing all my wedding planning on my own, no wedding planner! I see a couple other people are planning on getting married the same day I am, August 21, 2021. Smiley laugh I'm so excited. And congrats to everyone else!

• Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Has anyone heard any "rumours" about what potential numbers will be allowed indoors by August? I'm hoping for 100 as 50 is extremely difficult for us to cut right now. We're in Hamilton as well so I'm not sure if they'll maybe allow different numbers depending on region? Hoping for the best!

• Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 500 guests as well and looks like I have to postpone my october wedding. I cannot decide if May 2021 will be okay as I am thinking of May as well or if I should just schedule for October 2021.

• Michaela
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

Wicked Date! I am also getting married August 21, 2021 in Ontario, where abouts are you getting married. No it is not too early, I booked everything the fall of 2019 because we were picky on dates, and with the fiances and my jobs we are too busy in the summer to be running around viewing venues. I am so glad that we booked in the fall when we did, I was talking with caterers and even bartending services that were ALREADY BOOKED!!!! Crazy! So no its not to late!

• K
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Kiran ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That helps! I don't see social gathering limits going beyond 50 or 100 (that's also hopeful) given the case increases. We're hoping things settle down by next May, or at the very least, have some form of effective treatment. *fingers crossed*

Looks like we will make the decision to postpone to May 2021.

• V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have a pretty large guest list! I would postpone if I were you Smiley smile unless you are ok with having a (possibly) much lower guest count if you kept it this August. This is why we postponed, we had a 200 person guest count, so we pushed it to 2021 to be safe. But ultimately it’s what you are your future husband want!
  • K
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Kiran ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi!

Are you still looking at getting married this August 2020? I am trying to make a decision whether to move forward with a super intimate ceremony (or whatever the restrictions allow for August, or original guest list is approx. 450 guests) or postpone altogether to May 2021.

Any suggestions will help!

• Danielle
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that it is never too early! I got engaged in October and started looking at venues over the winter and now that it is spring I just booked my venue and I am now booking photog, DJ, and officiant as they seem to go fast.

I just wish we could go try on wedding dresses right now 🙁

• Michelle
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi all! We are actually planning a vow renewal for our 20th anniversary on August 21, 2021. I planned our wedding 18 years ago mostly on my own in 9 months time and ad I was working full-time and ended up with mono and pneumonia, I decided this time we needed much longer to plan. Our venue is small and books up quickly, so we had to book now. Besides, I love having something to look forward to and work toward.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats and you have all the time to plan for your day. Planning starts when your ready to look and book your vendors. Sarah's point is excellent in getting all the major vendors started and out of the way so that the others then will be looked into for what you like in décor, backdrop and floral vendors. Hair/make-up and dress appointments when everything is set for colours and theme (if having one) to go about your style.

Invitations wise, many will suggest what they have done and how it was thought through. 1 suggestion based on discounted pricing is Vistaprint to check out so you can get ideas and style to look into (modern, rustic, etc.).

First though, create a guest list to know how many guests you two want to have and if one venue is going to be your choice or 2 depending on the church ceremony to have.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I'm also getting married on 21/08/21 and I have started planning! My fiance works in the industry so we know that the good things in our area get booked up fast. Starting this early has really given us a chance to thoroughly think every vendor out without feeling pressure to book in order to secure our date. We've started with our top priorities (Food and Drink) so we've booked our venue which is also our caterer and bartender. Booking our venue was also a sort of relief for us because it helped to determine our date since we didn't have a specific one in mind, and didn't want to fall in love with a space and have them not be available on our chosen date. Our next step is choosing our photographer and videographer because having those memories is important to me. Next, we'll move onto entertainment. Starting the process early not only gives me a chance to choose one vendor at a time but to do a lot of research. I would say the hardest thing about starting this early is that I so badly want to go try on dresses again but after already doing that once I know it'll be best to wait until summer 2020. By the way, congratulations!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats and welcome to the Wedding Wire community! Although I am not getting married on this date I just wanted to say that it is never to early to be planning!
    Many vendors are already booking into 2020 and 2021! Start your research now on what vendors you really want!
    We are all here to help you along the way! Ask a million questions! 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics