Kate
Newbie July 2020 British Columbia

Couples getting married on 18/july/2020 in British Columbia

Kate, on 13/February/2019 at 00:10 Posted in British Columbia

Getting married on July 18th 2020. Wanna share ideas, inspirations or talk the stress away? Shoot me a message if that's how that works. Love to share some inspiration and goals.

Share:

9 Comments

• Melanie
    Melanie
    View quoted message
    I as well am getting married on the 18th! Congrats 馃槉
    We did only save the dates for the people that are out of province that needs a full year's notice other than that all out bc out of towners get an invitation prob March next year!

But if they are out of town September isn't too soon in my option if you aren't doing save the dates!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa

Well i'm a little slow on the uptake, but i am also getting married the 18th, in victoria though. and about 60% destination wedding honestly. I am from victoria but i met my fiance here in iceland and he is icelandic. so in response to the save the date conversation we did do save the dates, but are handing them out to the icelanders ourselves, and my mom is getting the canadian side. just a few to mail. i have heard invitations shouldnt really be much more than 3 months in advance, or people will forget to rsvp. but we know half of our people need to book flights sooner than later, so we are handing out save the dates now for them to start thinking about it. Smiley laugh

PS: not really stressed yet either, except catering, i am just getting around to booking it because i was avoiding it and now that i'm doing it i still dont like it.

• Jenny
    Jenny
    We discussed if we should send out the paper version or simply utilize what the free wedding website that weddingwire offers to keep everything altogether, then we decided to go for the paperless route. there will be no risk of missing the delivery and that indeed saved some time and costs. now we have to do some homework to think what to include in our wedding website and the FB private event pages.

besides, most of our guests are from outside of Canada. This should be the fastest way to deliver the information. Smiley smile

• Kate
    Kate
    View quoted message
    I didn鈥檛 buy save the dates cause I found it to be a waste of paper and money when people look at it then throw it away. I just got the invites made, I was debating sending them out in September? Too early? I don鈥檛 know
  • Erin
    Erin
    I am also planning a July 18th 2020 wedding ! Have you sent out save the dates yet ?
  • Kate
    Kate
    View quoted message
    To be honest me too! I have been DIY decorating for some time now, little bits here and there and I am really enjoying it! Very therapeutic I鈥檓 finding it
  • Jenny
    Jenny

We are now at the brainstorm stage to throw ideas and to see how our visions can fit in to our tiny budget. I am the one doing most of the planning - more like getting things well-organized. It is nothing different than putting together an office christmas party or any of the project to manage. just set up the deadlines for all the to-do's and leave room for glitch...... so far, i'm not stressed at all. really enjoy the process.

• Angela
    Angela
    Hello wedding twin! I am getting married July 18, 2020 Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie

Hi Kate! Congrats and welcome to WeddingWire! What do you have planned so far for your wedding?

Come show off your new bling in Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!! and tell us all about the proposal in Proposal Perfection!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles