Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ray-ann
Newbie June 2021 British Columbia

Couples getting married on 15/august/2020 in British Columbia

Ray-ann, on October 19, 2019 at 13:08 Posted in British Columbia 0 15

So excited for our special day! Congrats to the other brides and grooms getting married in 2020! Would love to connect and exchange ideas for our special day, I still have so much to learn. Thankfully we are 301 days out!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Roxana, on April 25, 2020 at 21:17
  • Roxana
    Newbie May 2020 British Columbia
    Roxana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, I hope things get better soon! We decided to book a commissionaire in Kitsilano and have a small ceremony with only a small number of family members. We're gonna plan the actual wedding for 2021 as well. It's insane in Toronto. They don't even let us get a marriage licence unless it's "urgent"!

Ontario doesn't have COVID-19 under control and nobody can say anything to the city unfortunately. It really sucks here. I'm so glad I am moving to BC for good!

• Carly
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dang I live in a small town and mine is actually closed!
  • Lauren
    Newbie June 2020 British Columbia
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just a heads up, even though Service Canada is closed, Service BC is still open and issuing marriage licenses . I went in this week to get mine. Good luck !!
  • Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely think mine will be postponed. At first I was like okay I kind of see this all lifting in July. Now though which is something I hadn't even thought of is that I can't go into Service Canada and get a marriage license as they are all closed with no specific date of opening. I also sent away my ring to be resized the beginning of March and the jewellery store that sent it away sent it somewhere in Vancouver before it closed. I have no idea where it is or when I will get it back. Also all my family is in Edmonton so with all the travel restrictions even between provinces it looks a bit iffy. The only frustrating thing is we have attempted to get married since we got engaged in 2012 a few different times and this was the first time it was successfully planned so at this point I'm like do we just elope then just have a small family gathering once everything clears and just scrap everything.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m August 29th and have been freaking the hell out!!What if the venue closes?What if it’s open but I can’t get event insurance or what if I can’t get my liquor license??I have a back up plan and thanks to an amazing friend offering her backyard the show will go on no matter what.If we have a back yard wedding it will be small but I will still have a dance floor, photographer and DJ and people can treat it like a house party and bring their own booze 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Nawal
    Nawal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The reality is, even if they say things can goback to normal (highly doubt), its still unsafe to gather large goeups of people for a very long time. The virus has spread far and high enough that it will take awhile for things to truly goback to normal.. i unfortunately have accepted this reality and i am sadly accepting it
  • Roxana
    Roxana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Nawal,

I'm glad at least we can relate to each other. I keep looking for clues for when the world will return to normal. I see schools planning to reopen in May and flights and other events resuming in May. So, even though we haven't really finished planning the wedding, I still wonder if we can pull something off in late August or early September.

• Nawal
    Nawal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Roxana. I have also put my wedding off on hold. My partner and I are going to move on and settle and either cancel or postpone the wedding.. so trust me.. we r on the same boat
  • Roxana
    Roxana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We put everything on hold for now Smiley sad It's upsetting but I still see a lot of couples continuing to plan for their August weddings.

• Roxana
    Roxana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey August brides!

Is everyone hopeful for their wedding dates? How many of you are worried that their wedding would still need to be postponed because of COVID-19 pandemic?

I'm supposed to have mine in Vancouver on August 15th.

• Nawal
    Nawal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey ladies, with all thats going on regarding the pandemic, have you discussed with your partners any thing regarding the wedding?
  • Ray-ann
    Ray-ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Recently we have hired a photographer and booked accommodation!
    Still lots to figure out but still lots of time Smiley smile
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ray-ann!! Congratulations on your engagement!! It's completely obvious how excited you are!

Have you made many exciting wedding decisions lately?

• Ray-ann
    Ray-ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so awesome that you have everything ready to go!! So exciting 😊
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married August 29,2020 and honestly I’m ready to do it now!!We have our rings,dress is paid for in full and everything is ready to go lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics