Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 10/october/2020 in Ontario

Cassondra, on February 15, 2018 at 14:55 Posted in Ontario 2 30

10/10/2020 seems to be a popular one eh?

30 Comments

Latest activity by WesleyAnne, on August 4, 2020 at 00:48
  • WesleyAnne
    WesleyAnne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey fellow 10/10/2020 brides! How are you feeling? If you're going ahead - have you had to switch to a mini ceremony? Where abouts is the wedding taking place? I'm so confused with Ontario phase 3 rules around this. I get the 30% capacity for the ceremony but I'm also hearing that numbers are different for reception, and indoor is only allowed 10 people??? Ours is in Whitby,ON and our guest list right now is 80 people. Its a complete waiting game even though we're like 2 months out now...hugs to all in a similar situation Smiley heart

• K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My wedding is the same day and we are still having the wedding we had to find a different location but all is good cause now the wedding is being held on my grandparents farm guess list is 80 people
  • Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are holding our till end of August to make the decision.
  • A
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi fellow 10.10.2020 brides and grooms!

How are you all holding up? Have you decided to postpone your event? Or are you hoping for the best.
    We are still hoping for the best! But some guests that would be flying in have already cancelled. It frustrating and a little heartbreaking. But we've been planning for two years. To postpone everything would just be too much!

• Jenice
    Jenice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is planned this day is anyone worried or thinking of re booking because of covid I'm feeling stressed about it?
  • Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have always talked about a wedding in the fall. I love the colours and the weather. I hate the heat so being in a cooler season was a must! We originally wanted the first weekend in October but where we live it’s “pumpkin fest” which basically closes all the roads and is crazy busy. So we decided on 10/10/2020 because it sounded nice and because we started dating in 3/3/17.
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing!!! I love this type of community!! Hope everyone is enjoying planning Smiley smile
  • Nadia & Steven
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Nadia & Steven ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's your friends and family. A wedding is a gathering to celebrate with them and the same for Thanksgiving. My reception thankfully offers turkey dinner. So it'll be like we're at moms!
  • Rhiana
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Rhiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your peace of mind is worth more than anything on this planet. I say give an invite to keep your conscious clear and if she chooses to not come that’s on her. I have a lot of family I refuse to have on my big day because at the end of the day I want to look around the entire room and smile. It’ll be her loss if she’s not there, not yours! All the best girl xx
  • Breanna
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is just a beautiful and positive way to look at it!
    My family is complicated. My step mom and dad split up when I was 17, 10 years ago. I still call her step mom because she was practically a mother to me. She stayed in my life all these years, hell I even named my second daughter after her. (Middle name). But the relationship has been growing toxic over the last 3-4 years. She is becoming unreasonably nasty and rude just for the sake of it. Maybe its better off not to have that energy on my wedding day. But at the same time, this woman has been in my life since I was 6 years old. I always envisioned her at my wedding, supporting and loving me. It's a bitter sweet end.

• Rhiana
    Rhiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey there,

Actually the opposite. Since all of our family is going to be there everyone is happy (especially the aunties, because they normally cook all weekend). It’s easy for my American family too because they have a holiday that weekend too so everyone has extra time off. That sucks about your stepmother, but If you’re going to be there and your dad and siblings I’m guessing, won’t she just be at home alone? Haha
  • Breanna
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you have any hesitation from guests not wanting to come because its thanksgiving?
    My step mom isnt coming because "It's Thanksgiving Breanna...." *sigh*.

Makes me worried about other guests..

• Breanna
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh as if, us too! 10 year anniversary to the day. plus 10/10/2020! great numbers!

• Sakshi
    Sakshi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hell yeah Smiley laugh

Its Thanksgiving and it has a nice sound to it. 10.10.2020 Smiley smile

Wishing all the couples the best Smiley heart

• Nadia & Steven
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Nadia & Steven ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married this day too!

It's our anniversary day, and the following year of 2021 will be our first year married and our 10 years together. Smiley smile

• Alyssa
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is our date too!! Smiley smile

• Laurie
    Laurie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m hoping to get married on this date as it is my fiancé and my current anniversary (2020 will be our 8th anniversary together)... but we just recently got engaged and are having a difficult time finding an available reception venue... I know we’re a little late to the game but anyone who knows of available venues on this date, let me know 😂
  • Rhiana
    Rhiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married 10/10/2020 and im so excited to know it’s the thanksgiving long weekend! All the best to my other brides with this date
  • Kenzie
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Kenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there!

Just wanted to let you know that October 10, 2020 is thanksgiving weekend!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Right now its seems to be yes since most couples can't plan for this year unless courthouse wedding is their choice and then having a reception afterwards with family and close friends.

This year would be booked I imagine with most vendors and getting booked for next year too.

• A
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loving in Europe (who do day/month/year instead of month/day/year), it makes it easy remember and talk about 10.10.20.... and it looks cool Smiley winking
  • T
    Tawnya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have always loved fall and 10/10/2020 is a bit of fun because I work in optometry and a special bonus of being his parents anniversary date 😁
  • M
    Matt & Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10/23/2020 for us
  • Celina
    Celina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked 10/10/2020 we love the fall and it was available for our venue. Having it on a long weekend was a bonus (we love turkey) Smiley tongue
  • Morgan
    Morgan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew we wanted fall, October is our favorite month and when we were looking at the dates of the Saturday's, we just knew!

• Aurora
    Aurora ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley heart That’s so sweet!!!! Also long weekend easier for our families to get together. It’s going to be a great day for us!😁
  • Elizabeth
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our current anniversary date is the 10th and we really wanted to keep it as it's sentimental. (When we began dating on the 10th of February, we didn't realize both of our birthdays also fell no the 10th in our respective months.) I'm a bridesmaid for my best friend next year so I wanted to dedicate that time for her and get married the following year. Turns out it's the only 10th that falls on a Saturday in all of 2020 so it was an easy choice. I didn't even realize how nice the date sounded until my fiance pointed it out! lol

• Brandy
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Brandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love numbers and patterns!! Which is why we choose the date 10.10.2020, it just looks neat and is fun to remember. So excited that it's on a Saturday and a long weekend. We can have family over for Thanksgiving dinner the next day 😊
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hehehe, I love Vanessa's logic!

How did you choose the date, Cassondra?

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its a long weekend, looks nice on paper, and very easy for the grooms to remember Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics