Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Couples getting married on 1/september/2018 in Alberta

Vanessa, on January 2, 2018 at 14:22 Posted in Alberta 0 11
Since September is getting closer how much planning have y’all completed? I have invites done , booked ceremony and reception venue and the photographer . Oh and the dress ! How do you guys stay on track?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Candice, on March 9, 2018 at 14:38
  • Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have venue booked, JP, caterer booked, decor planned out and accumulating in the basement MOH and Bridesmaid asked (and flower girls). I don't have a photographer, cake, DJ or hair and makeup booked. I also don't have a dress. I have invites and are hopefully sending them out in a week. I guess I am a bit behind. My wedding is in October

• Michelle
    Beginner April 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never been to a wedding in north america before so I have nothing to reference to. My friends who have been a part of a wedding party or attended a wedding all have different perspectives and experiences.

Ever since I heard of wedding wire their check list has given me a good direction on where to start so I can research on my own or read blogs on certain DIY, decor, dresses and get advice from others Smiley smile

Anyways I have picked my dress, booked the venue, make up and hair trial, found a bridesmaid dress vendor with chosen colour and getting a consultation with the venues preferred DJ services. It's always good to get the big stuff done and out of the way to focus on the little details. Happy planning and hope the wedding wire check list helps you stay on track as it is for me Smiley smile

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have almost everything booked except for her dress/hair/makeup choices. Still no rings picked out but have narrowed it down. Just picked up my wedding outfit - now i cannot gain a pound or else its back to the drawing board for me (doh!). We've selected the menu but not yet met personally with caterer yet.

Selecting style of dress is turning out to be a more difficult choice than expected for her! Finding a makeup person in a smaller town like Medicine Hat has been difficult as well.

• Tanisha
    Tanisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I forgot to add I sent my invites out at the end of January since it's out of town. And bought my dress!
  • Tanisha
    Tanisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay getting so much closer to September 1st! I am pregnant... due in May but that definitely isn't slowing me down!! I had the venue booked last Feb so I've literally been waiting for a year already 😋 photographer, bartender, DJ, hair and makeup, cake/cupcakes are picked and booked, I know which caterer I'm going with but don't need to book him till mid March, the venue I chose has all the decorations, tables, linens, cutlery, flowers taken care of I just need to go for a consultation and choose my colors and what not! They literally have everything I need which is nice!! I'm so excited 😊😊
  • Joneve
    Beginner September 2018 Alberta
    Joneve ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The crunch is on! We have our venue, MOH and BM, catering, photography, dress, earrings dj, invites, website done. Apparently my bachelorette party is booked too. The to do list is flowers ( not sold on these as I think they are a waste since they just die LOL but we will have some), We still need to get tux's, wedding bands, table decorations, hair/makeup appointments, rsvps and cake! pretty sure there is more but I'm sure we will figure that out soon enough!

I am using Marsha Heckmans " The Bride Planner" to keep me organized and a lot - a lot of sticky notes that are colour coded - there is my OCD coming out! #nobridezilla

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

7 months out! I have venue, catering, photography, dress(it just came in last week and I have already put it on twice haha), dj, cake, invites, transportation. I still need to find a florist but am on the fence between real and fake. I guess it will come down to $$. We still need to find wedding bands, groom/groomsmen suits, and hair/makeup. I feel like I am missing something too...lol. I did the bulk of things this month because before Christmas it felt SO far away so I didn't worry about getting much done. Now it feels like it's just around the corner and I am wedding'd out but still excited at the same time if that makes any sense Lol.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same date! I have dress bought, venue booked- which luckily included a ton of our vendors (photographer, baker, florist, commissioner, musician) caterer booked, hair and makeup booked, rings bought. We are likely buying invites today as vista print has a sale.

still need to pick after party location, buy bridesmaids dresses, groom and groomsman suits and figure out transportation.

• Shanna
    Shanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have venue booked, photographer booked, rings bought and I just got my dress today. I feel so behind.
  • Veronique
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Veronique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am falling WAY behind. I have a photographer booked, Makeup booked, still deciding on a venue, no dress yet! would love to hear what others have to say too! haha.

• Veronique
    Alberta
    Veronique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics