Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandria
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on 1/august/2020 in Ontario

Alexandria, on April 13, 2018 at 06:36 Posted in Ontario 2 26

Hello! How exciting. I thought I would create this group as we all have the same wedding day!

26 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandria, on April 5, 2020 at 08:22
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Every week we are still just waiting here in the UK...no news...no improvements? I am not sure. So maybe mentally I will set to June as well being my deadline for a rethink!
  • Kristen
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone!

This has definitely been unsettling to say the least. As of right now I’m still planning as stays quo for August. I just postponed my bridal shower from May 3rd to June 13th, to give a little bit more time.
    If by the new shower date things still aren’t good we will most likely postpone to next year to keep all the same vendors and not lose deposits. We’ve been planning for 2 years as well, and August 1 is our 10 year anniversary so it would definitely be super upsetting to have to move.
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dear remote friends,

What should we do? I have been engaged for two years and my dream is slipping away...What should we do?
  • M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello everyone!

Congratulations Smiley smile My fiancé and I are also getting married on August 1, 2020. We began planning three months after our engagement (which is when we decided on a venue). We've gotten a lot done quickly but now it seems we must tackle the "small" details.

There have been many stressful moments throughout our engagement when it has come to planning; however, it has also been enjoyable and we are trying to make the most of it before our big day.

I can hardly believe how much time has passed since our engagement and how quickly our wedding date is approaching! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet - that we are planning our wedding - that we are getting married (AHH!).

Sending lots of positive vibes your way! Smiley smile Happy planning all!

• Nhien
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Nhien ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi girls, I am getting married August 1st. It's gonna be a small wedding for 30 people but I have not done anything. I am seriously stressed. Congratulations to you all

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Smiley smile
    Best of luck in your dress search!!
  • Meme
    Meme ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much and congrats to you as well. I’ll look them up online and make an appointment for Saturday.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats super exciting!
    Check out Blu Ivory it’s on St Claire that’s where I personally got mine the girls are all super helpful & nice.
  • Meme
    Meme ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just booked my venue for the same date, Aug 1st 2020 and i'm using a golf course. I have only picked out my venue, menu, colour, theme and my officiating minister. I'm just confused on where to go dress shopping. I am in Toronto Ontario

• D
    Daina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Angie, i do not believe 10k is too much for a wedding, what i am getting to understand is that everyone wedding is different as every couple tends to have different taste/wants/needs for their big day, ours is under 10k but that is because we are getting married on a friends orchard.

• Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely don’t think so, mine is way more! Go for it!
  • Angie
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is 10,000$ too much for venue, ceremony, food and cocktail hour for one place?
  • D
    Daina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im so excited to get to this process and i am happy you found the perfect dress! Happy planning yall!

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually said yes to the dress last weekend! Wasn’t planning on saying yes so soon but I fell in love + the store was having 15% off so it helped.
    It was a great experience you really do have that moment when you just know it’s the one Smiley smile
  • D
    Daina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Has anyone gone dress shopping?, if so how was the experience, where did you go?

• D
    Daina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there, so i got a quote for a tent that could hold 100 people with table and chairs with a dance floor for $1350, anyone get this quote that is thinking about a tent?

• T
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Tomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow you’ve covered a lot of ground already! We’re definitely getting a tent
  • D
    Daina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello everyone! Getting married in August 1, 2020, We have gotten through choosing the venue,the color theme, the menu, the dj, looking into photographers currently.Our wedding will be outdoors on a small orchard, i am stuck between getting tents or not, any thoughts?

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just finished booking my wedding venue for the same dateSmiley smile
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going for a boho-chic mix and match look. There is no set colour, and no set 'theme' per say... I am doing a paisley-designed dress, with a nude underlay, which kind of sets the tone of "anything goes" design-wise! It will be August obviously so I would like colourful flowers at the reception, maybe a bit tropical!

• Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm finding that I just constantly check this site even though I don't have much planning to do at this point in time. Part of the reason that I chose that date was that I wanted to have next year to focus on our new jobs rather than planning like mad (we both are beginning new jobs this September) and then also to have an extra year to save up money. So in other words, I don't have any savings right now to put down any kind of deposits, etc.

Anyone else feel like this is all way ahead of the game?

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi ladies!

I also picked this as my wedding date! So exciting Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome Alexandria!! Looking forward to wedding planning with you! Smiley heart

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beach theme!

White table cloths, baby blue runners with this center piece but colours of center peice will be brown sound with yellow roses. And this is our signature drink -Hawaii cocktail Smiley smile

Couples getting married on 1/august/2020 in Ontario 1

Couples getting married on 1/august/2020 in Ontario 2
  • Alexandria
    Alexandria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure yet. You?
  • Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute