Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner July 2023 Alberta

Couples getting married on 1/august/2020 in Alberta

Jessica, on March 14, 2019 at 19:50 Posted in Alberta 0 9
Hi ladies. Curious if you can offer me any wisdom. As I just started looking for venues. Didn't realize it would be so booked up so far in advance

9 Comments

Latest activity by Joanna, on August 8, 2019 at 22:52
  • Joanna
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Joanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out MVE Hertiage Events Center in Cremona Amazing place ! They even have a old hertiage house fully renovated to get ready in!
  • J
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jessica,

Check out Hidden Gem Mountain View Lodge they are new and have opening for 2019. It is what you are looking for in a barn venue.

• M
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel that way too. But then I started booking things and people keep telling me I'm so on top of things because it's so early lol. So I don't know. I think the long weekend has something to do with it. Happy planning!
  • Mimi
    Curious October 2020 Alberta
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hoping you won’t get hail. I would ask the venue what happens when there is hail. If the venue is secure and the wedding could still go on inside. Ultimately, at the end, it’s you and your fiance’s day.. so pick the venue that would give you less stress.
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance wants to go with the more expensive option as well. Both will do setup and cleanup. Only one, the white wood barn, will let us come in the day before and set up. However, because I want to go to big Valley jamboree with the wedding party and take pictures, I will definitely not be there the day before anyways. I did a search for August 23rd on YouTube and a video of hail at the airport came up. 😶
  • Mimi
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of those venues are very beautiful and different on itself. I would take everything into consideration and compare them. I had the same dilemma picking between 2 venues, ultimately I chose the one more expensive but where rental included was 3 days., giving me time to setup and tear down myself.

If weather is an issue, all we can do is prepare for it. I’m having an October wedding so weather is unpredictable. I’m planning to bring boots and have my bridal party wear long dresses so if they need to change to boots. Also, I will have some clear umbrellas for pictures. I’m still contemplating on blankets and shawls... but my photographer said the best photos are usually when there is unpredictable weather 😊
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely want to go with a rustic Barn vintage look. I have it narrowed down to two venues.. neither of which offer August 1st. However both of them are great venues.. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out which one to pick. I'm looking at the white wood barn in Leduc. And the pine and pond in Lacombe county.. I went to both and both are amazing. One is cheaper than the other which has my interest piqued. however I don't know what the weather will be like in late August and that has me concerned. Stupid Alberta weather
  • Mimi
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugghh! I know the feeling! My wedding is for Oct 10, 2020 and a lot of great venues are booked up already. Some people have said being flexible with your date helps.

but if you’re like me, where the date is really important to you... Just keep inquiring... my fiancée always tells me not to get discouraged when the date is booked because it just means “it’s not meant to be”.

But on a practical note, my first email/call to the vendor... I mention right away that “this is my date, it’s important, and I’m not flexible on changing it... is it available”

Another thing in looking for a venue, know what you are looking for. I wish I knew this cuz I ended up visiting over 40 places to check it out because I didn’t have a vision. Do you want barn or rustic feel? Elegantly vintage? Industrial? Or dog friendly? Or garden? Or mountains? Those kind of things I wish I knew before visiting lots of venue places.

a lso, don’t get discouraged by the photos... sometimes the photos don’t do the venue justice. Hope this helps! 😊
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica. Welcome to the WeddingWire community Smiley heart

The WeddingWire venue directory is a great place to search for venues for your wedding. I started a search for venues in Alberta for you. You can filter this down further based on the type and town!
    Wedding Venues Alberta
    I hope this helps you find a venue you love Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics