Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Confession time

Amanda, on September 4, 2019 at 06:57 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
I am feeling a little guilty for 2 reasons. One being that I am ready to cancel the wedding and just go to city hall. Our guest list with kids climbed to almost 200 invited, we agreed to 100 tops. The good thing is, we are back down to 103 confirmed so far including us a vendors. Still waiting to hear back from half my family, due date is the 13th. Bless my FH I love that hes involved but hes costing this wedding so much money and stress. Wedding is just 5 weeks away and he keeps changing his mind about who his groomsmen are.
My second confession is, I'm trying to hide the fact that I am buying us a trailer out where my dad's trailer is. My FH keeps asking where my money goes... god I hope he likes this surprise.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 12, 2019 at 15:22
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lmaooo im sure he will love the surprise! hopefully you get a ton of rsvps back tomorrow youre gonna have to call them lol!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is there a way to explain it to him that they need to order suits in advance if you want them to fit?

I hear you on the family RSVPs - we have 20 pending and it's all my side lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya, luckily I only have one of those where they don't know (need a babysitter - 2 kids with different fathers blah blah blah) but we put them down as a yes and hopefully they can figure it out.

Fun RSVP of mine - they said yes, and now the have tickets to a concert the same night so they "hope" they can make it for "at least the ceremony"... I will be messaging them asking for a definitive answer. I don't mind if they prioritize differently than me, but I don't want a table to be missing 4 people because the "hope" they can make it...

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the trailer is for him, well all of us, but he has been wanting one for 2 years now. This one has come up and I cant say no.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh he has until friday to figure this out. I'm losing it on him about this and he just sits in silence.
    He will find out the day before the wedding.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have contacted many and they still dont know if they can make it.. this is frustrating to me as 99% of our friends responded within a month of getting their invites, family it's like pulling teeth.
    We love the spot the trailer is at, its across the driveway from my dads and we spent 8 out of 9 weekends up there. Lol
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are some big confessions Amanda! Is the trailer a surprise for your FH? If so, that's a good secret to keep! And you need to tell your FH to pick his groomsmen ASAP. If they're ordering suits they will need to start with that soon.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I'd be losing it if my FH didn't have his groomsmen sorted out by now lol! I'd tell him that he needs to choose and ask his groomsmen by Friday so that Saturday they can get fitted for suits.

My guest-list was 145 at the beginning, now have 106 confirmed and waiting to hear back from 22 so our max would be 128, which is close to our initial target of 120! Also with 106 confirmed, we're over our venue's minimum guarantee, so we don't have to pay room rental fees!

I'm sure your FH will like the surprise, especially if he's wanting a trailer too! When are you telling him about it, after the wedding?

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LOL I should start this rule!!! 😅😅
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well, there's still time for them to RSVP... I had a similar situation but we decided against inviting children so our invitee list was 300... with kids it would have been closer to 375... We ended up sending invitations in 2 waves so that we only invited once we got some no's and so far we have 199 confirmed attending and are waiting to hear back from 42! (our venue limit is 250 so we at most will have 241 people if the rest all say yes.) They have until tomorrow!! Starting to call people tonight though. Always a chance they didn't get the invitation in the mail so giving them a day to think is probably best.

I think that is an amazing gift - me and my FH bought a trailer and got a seasonal spot this year and although he has been away for majority of the summer (14/16 weeks away) we have enjoyed it for when he is home!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol It is amazing. But it is expensive.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Whoever invented weddings needs a smack. I love having family together but man it's not cheap, even in the cheap side. Lol. I was actually able to slip some of the costs into the wedding budget.. clearly he's not paying attention when I talk to him. Lol
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The rule at my place is if I hear "I dont know" I get to smack you upside the head. My FH now just runs away. Lol
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are not alone in having that feeling. Our invite numbers had gone up to almost 150, and we are now hovering around 100 confirmed, so it will all work out!

As for your FH not sure of groomsman, if they are renting suits, I think they should get on that one ASAP. We rented from Moores and they needed everything in a month before the wedding to make sure it was all ok. But my FH is doing the same when it comes to gifts for the guys. He's taking his sweet time and thinks he can do it all in one day lol.

That is an AMAZING surprise. I think if this is something you both want, it will be worth the surprise. Would letting him know the money is going towards the wedding work as a temp explanation.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sort of wish I had the problem with my FH because he’s in the “I dunno I don’t think about this stuff” mode, and just doesn’t really have a clue lol 😂
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He will be soo excited!! Its hard I am constantly on my fh's butt about things too and you can only do so much like you said. It will be hard if he picks and only gives the guys one notice that they need to go and do suits. Some people might not be available that last second.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The trailer is the one we have been talking about getting. The people selling it are offering it too us at half the asking price and we can keep it there.

As for the groomsmen, I am on him daily. I told him he has until this friday to figure it out as Saturday morning we are going to rent the suits.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone has these moments! I am glad to hear its back down and close to original goal of 100 people. I would talk to him as they need to either rent or buy their suits and doesn't give any time to do so.

Is the trailer something he would love in general? It might be a good idea to talk to him about that when a large sum of money and purchasing it.

Things will work out but you got this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics