Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynne
Curious June 2022 Quebec

Concerned about effects of pandemic on upcoming wedding?

Lynne, on March 15, 2020 at 18:12

Posted in Before the wedding 53

Is anyone getting married soon and concerned about the Coronavirus pandemic?
Is anyone getting married soon and concerned about the Coronavirus pandemic?

53 Comments

• Kara
    Newbie August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its not great. My wedding is April 4th and ive been talking to close family about weither to postpone or wait and see but i said to my officiant we will be doing a quick ceremony and signing on the 4th with gloves maasks or even hazmat suits lol but my anniversary will be April 4th. Just because im so picky on dates. And i have everything paid for.
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same Sara! Also April 4. When do you think you'll postpone until?

• Bruna
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Bruna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here, wedding in September. Keeping the same mentality, if things don't improve by May or June we'll make the wedding waaaay smaller and celebrate the one year anniversary in 2021. Mostly worried about our elder relatives. I hope the few vendors we have booked will be ok with changing things a bit!

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is on Sept 2020. Still pretty far out but FH and I decided to give it until May, if things dont improve we are going to elope on our date with about 20-30 guests, and then hold the reception party sometime in 2021..

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours shouldn't be impacted, but I feel for all the couples who are stressing out right now either not knowing or scrambling to change their plans.

My fiance and I talked last night about what date we would determine as our cut off date if this were to continue for several months, and it helped to have a game plan even if we hope we don't need one.
  • Briana
    Curious April 2024 Ontario
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right now we’re at 130 RSVP yes and 40 still TBD...
  • Sara
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My weddings April 4..... I’m going to be calling vendors to try and postpone. This sucks so much 😓
  • Lindsay
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are set to get married on April 18 and we are extremely torn as to whether we should move our wedding. Our venue says they have no intention of closing, however if the government mandates it we won’t have a choice.

We don’t have really any family coming in from out of country with the exception of 2 people so we are extremely torn. We are planning on visiting our venue tomorrow to see what potential dates they have in the upcoming months.
    Anybody have any advise??
  • Diana
    Newbie November 2022 Saskatchewan
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve decided to postpone our wedding that was to take place on April 4th after discussions with vendors. They have been great and we will reschedule at a later date. We still plan to legally get married with our parents and witnesses the original day as we want that as our wedding and anniversary date. A years worth of planning only to have to start all over again!
  • J
    Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am to get married in 12 days and all I do is cry about it. I'm so scared
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am concerned and don’t know what to do at this time. We are less then two months from now.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We are definitely planning on using our voucher for a honeymoon down the line. Hope everything clears up by the time your wedding comes around!
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh Madisyn I'm so sorry to hear that. 😢 I really wish you the best and hope you can eventually go on an amazing honeymoon. xx
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just had to cancel our destination wedding that was set for April 11th. I'm absolutely devastated. My mother and MOH are planning a small wedding for us in my hometown, but I'm so sad that I won't get my dream wedding that I've spent over a year planning.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not overly worried. Our wedding is in August, so we are hoping that things calm down. With all of the cancellations throughout the world with events though, we should start seeing a decline in cases. They say that the virus cant live in temperatures above 27 degrees so I'm just waiting for the warmer weather.

I hope that things work for your wedding Briana. It's only a two week quarantine so maybe things will have calmed down enough by then that your wedding isnt affected that much.
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, exactly! Are you having a big wedding (approximately how many guests)?
  • Briana
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s nice that your fiancé isn’t worrying too much, I find when others are worrying with you it just makes it worse. Wishing you luck & hang in there! 💕💪🏻
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I don't have a Plan B. My fiancé says not to worry too much about it because our wedding date is two months away, but I can't help it because this thing is either going to get better or worse. I was speaking with my aunt who is in Boston this afternoon and she said that the churches there cancelled all masses. They are still doing baptisms, funerals and weddings but the guests are limited to strictly immediate family. Pretty scary stuff. 😔
  • Briana
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We luckily don’t have many flying, I’m sorry to hear that. I really hope it clears up fast but with all of the cautions and cancellations it’s scary to think about it being a long-term thing. Have you started plans in case it cannot take place? I’m not sure if I should start doing that...
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Briana. Our wedding is scheduled for May 16th so I am also concerned because many guests will be flying in. I hate all these uncertainties. 😔
  • Briana
    Briana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m very concerned. My wedding is April 18th and I just heard that the US banned gatherings of more than 50 people. I’m afraid my vendors will cancel and that it won’t happen. My fiancé is having to cancel his bachelor party to Vegas. We chose this date for a reason and it will break my heart if it can’t happen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics