Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Clean up

Cindy, on May 10, 2018 at 07:02 Posted in Ontario 0 11
Anyone know if there's a business in GTA that cleans up after weddings? Really I just need people to pack up some of my decor (signs, memorial table, candle holders or cases, etc.). I dont want to ask my bridal party as they could possibly be a little intoxicated or I would just feel bad asking them at the end of the night. I also feel bad asking my elderly mother to do it also. I'm looking for a cheap option really. The set up will be done by the venue but they wont pack up my things.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 24, 2018 at 23:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep boxes or storage bins organized by decor and wrapping materials needed for tje break down as family can help after. I had a few things at the end to tear down which help was offered and packed faster than expected.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea. I'll ask the venue what they suggest. But tbh, my venue hasn't been replying to my last inquiry. I'm annoyed about that too. Luckily my wedding is not til 2019.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it's literally just packing up décor items and whatnot, you could either just ask someone close to you, or check with your venue if you can clean things up the next day.

• Amanda
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually the venue will have a day of planner, I would ask them what other people have done in the past? Maybe that is something they can help with and you can just pick up everything the next day from the venue... worth an ask!

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's an idea. I'll try to think of someone who could be "hired" . As a teacher, I would love to hire former students. But it's not such a good idea.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My venue is in Oakville. I don't have a set budget but I don't even have an idea what would be an appropriate cost.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a little too steep for me, for just a clean up. I don't think I'd need all the other help.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any chance you would be willing to pay a family member or guest at the end of the night? I had my parents and aunts help out afterwards, so just thought if you'll be paying someone anyway, you could always entice a cousin or two to help you out?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are you looking to spend and where in the GTA are you?

• Christina
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hired a month of wedding planner for $1400. She will do all the packing at the end of the night, including everything else the month, week and day leading up to it. She also coordinates the rehearsal.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a really good question I hadn’t thought of yet. I’ll be following this discussion!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics