Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TeamDNA
Beginner June 2019 Alberta

Church Decorations

TeamDNA, on May 8, 2019 at 12:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 15

Hey everyone,

Did anyone or does anyone plan to decorate at the church? Our ceremony will only be about 30 minutes but im stuck on whether or not to decorate. When we had our meeting, they said there will be a black curtain drapped in the background but nothing else so it might look a little plain without decor. Also, if we do decorate, who takes down the decorations? (They would like us to have the decor removed before the end of the day but we leave for pictures right after the receiving line is finished) Please help Smiley sad

15 Comments

Latest activity by TeamDNA, on May 14, 2019 at 10:27
  • TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be a good idea. Smiley smile Thank you for your input Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our decorator/florist is doing the ceremony decor. I mean not really decor, we're just going to have 2 large floral arrangements on either side of the alter just to add a little pizazz and then the decorator will take it from the church to our hall to be reused at the reception.

I'm not sure which type of church you're marrying in but I know many (Roman Catholic churches) dont allow for much decor, only florals really. So you should confirm with the church what is okay and then go from there.

But usually decor/florist will set up the decor and take it down OR the day of coordinator
  • Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're hiring a decorator to do our church ceremony and our reception. We're going to do a little welcome sign with some crate boxes and flowers at the entrance of the church. Then every 3rd pew we'll have a few candles and rose pedals. The welcome area we'll be taking to the reception to use there, and the decor company will clean up the rest.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi TeamDNA,

I decorated my church pews but only the first 16 pews were decorated and it was every other one. I just pre-made my flowers and organized a couple friends who were part of the "decor team" to arrive early to help set up the decor and take it down to be moved to the reception.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know a friend in the mall I work had her daughters wedding last year and did the flowers DIY beforehand for the church décor for the seats to hang on. The wedding party helped to transfer them to the reception hall after the wedding ceremony.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our fee to the church includes flowers. So they pick them and set them up and keep them for all the weddings that day.

If we had the choice to do flower decor we would use the church flowers and then take them to decorate the venue with.

At my SILs wedding, they had a bunch of flowers up on the stage / podium and maybe some along the pews as well.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The last wedding we went to at a church just had some decorations along the aisle and then an archway decorated with flowers at the end of aisle. Nice and simple!

For sure check if any family can just quickly collect the decorations afterwards while you all do photos, I'm sure someone won't mind

• TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome. Ill see which aunts wouldnt mind helping or maybe my FH's sisters who arent in the wedding party. Smiley smile
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only having 2 large arrangements near the altar. Our church has chairs instead of pews, so we didn't even get pew bows or anything. It's going to look quite sparse, but luckily the church is very grand on its own.

Best people to ask to help clean up are aunts Smiley smile if you're lucky, they always want to help (and if you can give a little token gift beforehand, there is usually minimal complaining lol)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing too much for the church (1 hour service), we will have 2 floral arrangements at the front and like 12 pew bows! That's it!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Erin had a good suggestion- some people use tulla on the pews with a little flower in it. This would be easy enough to take off and fast

• TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats what im starting to think might be the best idea.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do just a few pew decorations, they are simple to put up/take down and still look like you put some effort into decorating the church.

• TeamDNA
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One lady had just some flower arrangements up at the alter and a small arrangement on the signing table.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I am getting married in a church and ceremony will be the same amount of time. If you have any family friends that could remove it while your doing the receiving line that would work? I just wouldn't go too crazy with decorations due to this. We don't plan to decorate as the church is enough on its own. Have you tried to search the church used in the past for weddings? To get some ideas of what people have done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics