Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie June 2019 Saskatchewan

Choosing 2 maids of honour

Nicole, on August 15, 2018 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hello,

Has anyone heard of choosing two maids of honour? Is this a thing? Do you think this would offend them? One is my sister and one is my cousin who is like my sister. I was maid of honour in both of their weddings.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Genis, on August 18, 2018 at 02:12
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 2 made of honours Smiley smile

I was going to just have my sister or just my best friend...but i just felt like I wanted them both to have that role. My sister wouldn't be organized enough to do it all on her own, so they should be ok on a team.

I am struggling with having them both as I want them both to be special. We just got their dresses & the only thing is my sister, is the only one who choose a completely different style. All the same colour but the other 4 girls match, so I worry about my bf not feeling special on the day. But thats just me, thinking about those things!

Im happy with my decision to have them both, its just a matter of making them both feel special, who will stand next to me? who will sign as my witness? little things I didn't think of!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was one of 2 maids of honour once. We just split the responsibilities. She was basically the maid of honour at the ceremony (stood beside bride, signed the register) and I was for the reception (speech, bustle).

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having 2 maids of honour for my wedding. My best friend who was always going to be my maid of honour just had a baby in April and she lives in BC and so can’t really help with the details of making flower bouquets and other diy decorations.

My second matron of honour because she is married is a close friend who helped me through my miscarriage last year July. She lives closer and will be able to help out with the wedding details. They are both fine sharing maid of honour and since my side had more bridesmaids they both will walk down with the best man together.
  • A
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Ania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend did that and the MOHs worked great together and if anything the work was less stressful for them because of it! If you think your sister and cousin have no problem working together than it might even work better because it helps split some of the work two between two people so less pressure. But if they have a bad relationship they may butt heads. If you are worried about offending them then I doubt there will be an issue. If one does get offended then maybe they aren’t fit to be a MOH. They are there for you and should do whatever makes you happiest for your big day.
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were two MOHs for my best friend’s wedding and it was great.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely not... I asked each individually in case there was a negative reaction plus with their non friendship knew neither would be comfortable. Also I got to have a special MOH proposal with each of them just the 2 of us.
  • N
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing! Did you ask them at the same time?
  • N
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for their responses!!really appreciate it 😊
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have asked my 2 BF's to be my Matron of Honours. I was super nervous to ask each of them because when I asked I had to ask but have a but... I am also asking the other... My 2 MOHs are not even fb Friends. I feel like they only tolerate one another for me. I was in tears scared one would say well if you are having her that's fine, I'll be a Bridesmaid then. I am very happy to say that asking each of them was a special moment. I didn't feel any jealousy just pure love ❤ I haven't decided if the 2 of them will wear a different dress then the Bridesmaids. My worry now is finding a dress 6 Girls will like. 219 days to go...Breathe. I hope you follow your heart and no matter what People say (I definitely had People say what do you mean you are having 2 MOHs!?!) It is what you choose to do for your day period. Good luck and I hope to hear what you decide 🤗 Btw my FH is having 1 Best Man.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen it done a few times. At my own wedding I had a matron of honour and a maid of honour.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen it been done twice now, so definitely do-able. The weddings I have been to, they had a maid of honour and a matron of honour since one was married and one wasn't, however since they are both married, you could either allocate these titles to them or call them both the same. I think it's great!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard of people doing it. It’s totally fine and I think really sweet. I remember reading once that one of the girls was offered, but o think that’s more of a personality thing. If I was maid of honour with someone else, I would consider it a compliment that they felt torn between me and another close person! I say do it! Tell them why you wanted it that way and I’m sure they will be thrilled!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t heard of it; however, I understand wanting to make them both Maid of Honour since you were theirs. Is your sister the type to get offended? If so, I would consider making her the singular Maid of Honour if you have a closer relationship. But it’s really up to you. If you’d like to do two, go for it! If you have a preference, talk to them about it. Either way, I’m sure they will both be happy to be included in the bridal party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics