Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Change your venue or change your wedding date?

Lynnie, on 27/May/2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding

This one's tough!! Would you rather change your wedding date and keep your venue, or change your wedding venue to keep your date?

Which would you choose?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: Add twenty guests or cut twenty guests?

Back to the Beginning: Would You Rather?

Share:

37 Comments

• BunnyBride
    Devoted August 2020 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·

Change the date. We didn't pick the date for any romantic or special reason...mostly practical, but our venue is near impossible to beat price-wise.

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    Change the date I love our venue
  • Jenna
    Frequent user September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    Change the date. As much as I don’t want to. I love our venue and wouldn’t want to give it up.
  • Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·

Date change for sure! We kind of already did when we booked the venue... were originally thinking October 26th but realized how much cheaper it is into November when it's "off-season" so it was an easy choice to go with November 9th!

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Alyssa ·

I would change the date in a heartbeat. I am so in love with my venue.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·

Change the date.

Our venue is BEAUTIFUL, and because its such a stunner, its mega popular, and there were no Saturdays left when we booked a year and 10 months in advance.

I'd trade our Friday for a Saturday.

• Sarah
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    Change the date. I wanted August 22 but we got August 29. It’s just don’t flow or something. It will bug me forever lol
  • Becky
    Featured September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·

Change the venue!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·

I would definitely keep my venue and change the date. Hands down. My venue is stunning, and would not change it for the world!

• Madisyn
    Devoted April 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    Change the date - we weren't able to book an even date like I wanted.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    Keep the date, change the venue. I have family flying over from the UK who have booked tickets. We can’t change the date!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    Change the date. Loved the venue. The date was nice too though-two days before our dating anniversary so I would change it to our dating anniversary
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    Change our date. My fiancé picked the date. I didn’t realize it at the time but it was the first weekend of stampede and everything goes up.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    I would have rather changed the date. Our venue was an absolute dream for our wedding! Everyone loved it and our photos are going to be amazing when we get them back!!
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

Change my venue. Changing the date would be a disaster with vendors.

• Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·
    I would change the venue, simply bc my first choice was in our budget but there would have been nothing left for anything else, so we chose the one that fit our season and was in our budget.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles