Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Ceremony song(s)??

Lynsey, on September 30, 2017 at 01:34 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18
I can't decide if the bridal party and I walk down to the same song. I know what song I am walking down to, but it's not very long and my walk down the aisle isn't that long either. Are you having your bridal party walk in to something different than you are ??

18 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on October 11, 2017 at 11:49
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a small party - 3 attendants.

The moms, bridesmaids, groomsmen and my husband walked down the aisle to Say you won't let go by James Arthur and I walked down the aisle to I Get to Love You by Ruelle. I wanted to separate the songs to feel like it was a separate a special walk for me and my dad.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a tough decision for us too!!

We decided that with 4 flower girls, two ring bearers and 4 bridesmaids, they needed to walk to a separate song than my parents and I. I've chosen an instrumental piece that means a lot to me and the wedding party and kids are walking to a song that means a great deal to my FH and I.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes. my bridal party will have a different song.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have three girls and I'm kind of stuck on this too. Our DJ has instrumental music that they can walk in on as a suggestion. And then my song would come on for me to walk in on.

• Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of the bride having her own song. Like the song change signifies that you've entered. It seems more special that way!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had two songs. The DJ knew that when I appeared, to fade out the bridesmaid song and start mine. It worked out perfectly
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had only one song because it was a long classical piece.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing two different songs - one of the bridesmaids to walk down to, then a second for my mom and I to walk down to Smiley smile

• Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!Smiley smile
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a beautiful song! Great choice Smiley smile
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cute! I like that it's not your typical wedding songs. I will be walking out to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (he's the Hawaiian guy, I love Hawaii and we got engaged in Hawaii) but that's as far as I've gotten
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally understand... Took us a bit to figure it out but we decided to go with something out of the ordinary that was kinda nerdy so our forst song will be Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings and my song will be an acoustic version of Can you Feel the Love Tonight from the Lion King Smiley smile Sooo many good options out there though!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's more of what we're leaning towards .. just not 100% sure .. we like so many songs so its hard for us to chose !
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing 2 songs! The first one we will have 4 groomsmen, the groom and his mom, and 5 bridesmaids walk out to. Then i will walk out with my parents to my own song.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See and that's where I'm stuck. I definitely know the song I want to walk down the aisle to, and everyone will know whose coming down lol. I know there are tons of songs out there too, but we will have 4 couples walking down so it needs to be long enough but not too long
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that makes sense for you!
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing 2 different songs. One for my girls and then one for me and my dad. I want a clear indication of when we are suppose to walk down the aisle and having my own song just seemed like the easiest way to do that.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are walking down to the same song but I also only have two people in my party so it would be way too short to play 2 songs so it just made sense for my situation to play the same song!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics