Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Ceremony seating?

Taylor, on January 10, 2020 at 16:08 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7
Has anyone done a ceremony with no/little seating? How did it go?
I’d plan on letting people know in the invitations, that way they can let me know in advance that they they can let me know if they need a seat. I’d still be able to create a defined aisle as well. I just don’t really want to rent chairs at $6/person for a 15-20 minute ceremony if it’s avoidable 😅

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 17, 2020 at 12:44
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would rent some chairs. or even ask around to friends and family if they have those ikea chairs.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The biggest thing would be to keep in mind the elderly, and then both sets of parents. I think everyone else would be ok with standing. My cousins wedding had seating, but there was not a lot, and quite a few people ended up standing, but their ceremony was only 30 mins, so it was perfect.

It is nuts the cost of chair rentals, so I would say do the bare minimum if you can

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely do it but you’ll have to keep it short. Also, make sure to consider your elderly, very young, and any guests who may have an impairment. If that makes a majority, you may have to rent the seats.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think most people will mind for a short ceremony. I know some older guests may not be able to stand for 10-15 minutes. As long as you have a few seating options it should work out fine.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can avoid chairs for the most part though knowing if the elders will need to sit down. Reserved sign placed will help to know those individuals will be seating there rather than those that can stand if needed to for the ceremony.

Putting some chairs though may be an option if chosen if the children will need it as the parents will feel more comfortable than holding them.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends had a different kind of wedding, it was way more about the party than the vow portion of the wedding. The ceremony was super quick so standing for a bit wasn't an issue.
    They had chairs in the front and invited anyone who needed one to take a seat, the rest of us stood behind and it worked great. They knew roughly which guests would need seats and added a few spares.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been at ceremonies where there wasn't enough seating and people just dealt with it - I think there were people standing at my wedding and they just dealt with it. At least at mine our ceremony was only 10 minutes or so and all the older guests were given seats because people are just kind Smiley tongue

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you only have like 10 chairs for 100 people!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics