Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Ceremony seating

Renee, on January 7, 2020 at 20:00 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6
Has anyone done/attended a wedding ceremony where guests are seated at their dinner tables? We have the option of doing it that way for free. Or having traditional seating for a fee. Traditional seating would require guests to be out of the room after the ceremony for 20ish minutes while tables are placed for dinner. I've never seen ceremony seating that way so looking for others experiences

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on January 17, 2020 at 12:45
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent encountered this but i would google what other people did

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend attended a wedding like this. There wasn't an aisle, so the bride just had to weave a bit through all the tables. Everyone could see, they just turned the chairs around.

20 minutes isn't a long time to be asked to leave, so if you're concerned about guests having to leave the space so it can get turned over, 20 minutes is not a big deal to have guests wait. Most people can entertain themselves for 20 minutes.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't been to a wedding like that but I've heard of it!

I would say it's up to your preference. As a guest I wouldn't really care but as a Bride I would also be worried that they need time to move their legs if the ceremony is a long one. Or I would also be worried that people would start pouring water into their cups during the ceremony Smiley atonished

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guests seating at tables have been done though I haven't attended one myself. Its sounds perfect than to pay the cost of seating done otherwise. This way you can have the reception right after and the table set after the pictures get done with family and friends. They are wanting more money for a short ceremony that doesn't make sense to do.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Renee,

I have heard of weddings where seating in the dinning area is cleared away for the reception. So I can only guess you could have the ceremony then convert to dinning. I would rather see all the guest together rather than all over, that's just my opinion. On the other hand as Madisyn said, as long as they can see and hear go for it. Its not weird at all so go for what you makes you happy.

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to a wedding where half the guests were expected to stay seated at the dinner tables, while the other half could sit in the traditional seating area for the ceremony. It was kind of strange, but honestly, the ceremony was so short that it didn't really matter! I would say that as long as everyone can properly see and hear the ceremony, it should be fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics