Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Ceremony Rituals

Emma, on March 26, 2019 at 16:59 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hi everyone. I am having a hard time coming up with something special to include in our ceremony that would also be quick and easy for me to execute. I did some research, our wedding will be a traditional Christian ceremony, and we were going to do one called God's knot, but unfortunately these are expensive to get and seem to be a headache to try to make. We also do not want to do the sand pouring as my sister just did this at her wedding and I want something a bit different. Candles also would not work very well as we are getting married outside and we have no idea what the weather may be! The wedding is this May. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Smiley smile

10 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on April 20, 2019 at 00:58
  • Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Some of these are really cute!! Smiley smile

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant has all her couples do a wine box. We’re also doing a hand fasting to tie in our Celtic roots. Woth the handfasting, we’re adding an oathing stone. We have a heart-shaped rock my fiancé found on a hike together along our favourite river. We’ll hold that as we make our oath of marriage. The idea is that you’re setting your oath in stone. It will then be a visual reminder of that oath and will go on display in our home.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's cool

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I figure the same thing but also am considering that it could become an anniversary thing to refill it?

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for explaining the wine box ceremony.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The candy ceremony would be lost on me as I'm sure overtime the candy would get eaten!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are a few that I find interesting!:

Tree planting ceremonyCeremony Rituals 1

Painting ceremonyCeremony Rituals 2

Candy ceremonyCeremony Rituals 3

I also like the wine mixing idea and if you are truly a kid at heart maybe you could make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! lol

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are both great and unique ideas! I know the handfasting has lots of Scottish/Celtic roots to it.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I also wanted something unique in our ceremony so we decided to search based on our heritage, German. Came up with some really cool options and we decided to go with Baumstamm Sägen or Sawing a Log. Never seen this at a wedding before and it fits our venue and theme for the wedding.

I love both the hand fasting and wine box.

Do you have any strong heritage ties you could look to for inspiration?

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hand fasting may be an idea?

They basically tie a knot to join your two hands together.. i don't know much about it, but it was one my officiant suggested.

Another cute one is a wine box ceremony. You get a box and put a bottle of wine in it, then your officiant explains that you both wrote each other letters, that you have not shown to each other.. and you seal them in the box for a future anniversary. You can have your parents write you letters as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics