Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Ceremony decorations

Kaisha, on July 9, 2018 at 20:37 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
What kind of decorations are you using for your ceremony? We will be getting married in what looks like a hall but with a water view. I am going for more of a rustic look. Any ideas would be great

13 Comments

Latest activity by Missa, on July 12, 2018 at 11:00
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We kept it simple. An arch at the front and our centrepieces down the aisle.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're keeping things simple. The church already has some vases with fake plants that we'll use. Otherwise we'll just put some burlap strips on the chairs along the aisle, with ribbon bows (mostly so that people can't get in the aisle to take pictures).

We might also have a wicker bench in front for us to sit during the ceremony, but that's it.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep it simple girl!

Our ceremony was outside on a patio on the lake front.

There was an archway that I put some tulle and flowers on, but otherwise, that's all we did!

Having a backdrop is a good idea, but nothing else is really needed.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is outside on the back patio of our venue, we are dong an arch with fabric and flowers. I wanted to do isle markers, such as lanterns, but our isle is not wide enough and i don't want to create a tripping hazard

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was my thought, people aren't going to be looking at the room they will be looking at us and the view. I definitely want to keep it simple
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As of now. I am not doing any décor for the ceremony. its a hall with chairs. and has some high ceilings and tall windows. we will be there for about an hour including pictures. why spend money on it is my thought.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a decorated archway and putting some flower petals along the aisle and that's it. We kept it super simple to a) save money and b) keep the focus on us
    we may add in two planters or something medium sized at the end of the aisle beside where our parents would be sitting but that's all we would add
    alot of weddings I've been to have had a simple decoration plan for the ceremony and put all their energy and money into reception decorations because that's where people notice it more I find
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are keeping it really simple and letting the view do the work. One wall of our ceremony space is floor to ceiling windows, and there's a stone fireplace.
    Other than that, I'm thinking some draping (just a touch) and maybe some lights and candles (evening winter wedding).
    Don't worry about making the ceremony too decorated... it's such a short amount of time, and people are more distracted by you guys!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's an indoor ceremony? If you're using chairs, get some burlap strips and use them on the chairs, and line the aisle with Mason jars full of water and a tealivht candle!

Try to get some sort of an arch if you can with some greenery on it Smiley smile

Ceremony decorations 1

Ceremony decorations 2

Ceremony decorations 3
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married outdoors, on a hill overlooking trees. There's a white archway that we're going to hopefully use flowers and greenery to decorate. Other than that, we don't plan on doing anything.

• K
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were not doing any decor in the ceremony. however it's outside, in a already beautiful rock pavilion, so I'm worried adding decorations will make it a little tacky.

We are however having a table with a welcome sign and a photo of us at the entrance area.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had simple decor and rented the centerpeices with floral ball and money box.

Wood slabs or mason jars are nice touches with rocks, water and floating candle may be an idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics