Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
Curious July 2020 Alberta

Centrepieces

Becky, on October 25, 2019 at 01:24 Posted in DIY 0 10

Centrepieces 1Centrepieces 2 I am currently working on my centrepieces for a rustic wedding and need some opinions on what’s missing / not working. Thoughts?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on December 2, 2019 at 22:01
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks great, but a little big. It might prevent people from seeing each other across the table. Otherwise, it looks really good!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I was going for an overgrown look like the flowers had been growing in the lanterns for years untouched.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s for cleaning them and keeping them from fading but mine are in a closet till the big day. Very cool to know though definitely had to google it to find that out!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the colours and florals you picked! It will look so bright the day of.
    The lantern feels a little packed. If you moved either the flowers or the greenery out around the base of the lantern, it will still have your vibe but feel less cluttered.
    Are those string lights attached to the ivy? (Cause that’s a way cool effect)
  • Chrissy
    Beginner September 2021 British Columbia
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I heard that if you use hairspray it will make fake flowers appear more real? Not sure if it’s true
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey yes I plan to put fresh baby’s breath in the night before - sorry should’ve mentioned.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Becky! These look really great! Well done!

What I would suggest is to add some greenery or some baby's breath around the base of the lanterns. I've added a couple of example photos from Pinterest. What do you think?

Centrepieces 3
    Centrepieces 4

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would maybe add some more light if possible and maybe put the lantern on a small mirror or some decorative plate or something

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Only thing I would add is glitter but that's because I love glitter and sparkles Smiley tongue Otherwise I think they are great and the only thing to add would maybe be a circle of wood to put it on.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off I can only say I love the red and yellow flowers together such a pretty combination. I don't think it needs anything else. The lights will give a nice soft glow. The lanterns looks like they are good quality. I think you did a great job. What are you going to use for table numbers (if you need them)?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics