Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Frequent user November 2018 Alberta

Centerpiece Help

Casey, on November 10, 2017 at 18:41 Posted in DIY 0 15
Here's a fun one for you ladies, I am torn between woodsy and modern... I want to bring the woods inside and my venue is quite modern - colours are Plum and Sage I love these ideas but having trouble figuring out how to put them together... they don't match at all, pine cones with glowing purple 🤔 😅🙄 I've also thought maybe just the glowing purple vases for the aisle decor on the ground with a greenery surrounding them (then move the 6 to in front of the head table) and then the pinecone tall vases on the tables?

Centerpiece Help 1

Centerpiece Help 2

Centerpiece Help 3

15 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on December 27, 2017 at 18:49
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always use purple tea lights or replace a couple bulbs on a strand of white tea lights with some purple bulbs and put those in around the pine cones, I've seen this done with shells and it looked really cool!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah! I loved the second idea when I first saw it - 2 years ago lol basically I had planned a rustic woodsy theme and pinned the picture, but as time has passed we put more ideas out there. My venue is quite modern renovated so once it was booked I started second guessing the rustic, I LOVE it and the second center piece is what I'm more drawn to with a tough of the 3rd picture with fairy light branches coming out.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Second one is my fave for sure.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I absolutely love the second one! I did something similar to this for our dinner table centerpiece
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you open to go alternating between pic 1 and pic 3. It would be unique and coloulful at the same time. Two heights is something being done.
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2017 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I hope you find an idea that works for you!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is very cute and elegant!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea, I didn't even think of that!
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anyway you could spray paint the branches? Plum and Sage pine cones in a vase with fairy lights would be beautiful!

• Katherine
    Curious August 2017 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what we used, maybe you could do something similar?Centerpiece Help 4

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do some centrepieces with the purple flowers and some with pinecones. I have seen weddings where they had two centrepieces alternating on the tables. It did look nice.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could use pinecones on the chairs in some manner hanging with twine or incorporate them on your head table. I love pinecones.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like the pinecones in the vase without purple lights. You could always tie a purple bow or ribbon around the vase to bring in your colours.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know, I think I'm gonna have to ditch my pinecones 😭 I'm already like dead set on branches for the alter so it's not a huge compromise to use the smaller branches - especially in the aisle decor
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah, the purple and the pine cones aren't the best fit. I think the third picture is a really nice fusion of the woodsy and modern.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics