Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Beginner May 2020 British Columbia

Catering - Curious whats everyone serving?!

Sarah, on August 29, 2019 at 19:28 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

We are having a happy hour ( sliders, chicken satay skewers, stuffed mushrooms, veggies, fruit etc) , a simple plated meal (southern fried chicken or salmon) and then late night snacks (corn dogs!!) What are you serving?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Gelaine, on November 23, 2020 at 12:39
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going with buffet style at our venue. They have a ton of options with the buffet but we will be doing carved roast beef and then roasted garlic chicken. There will be several salads, sides and veggies in the buffet, buns, fresh fruit and veggie trays, etc. So something for everyone I think. There will be dessert trays put out as well and we will be serving wedding cake later in the evening for those that want. We are doing a late night snack but haven’t decided what yet. Leaning towards a poutine bar though.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is simple. We're getting married in a park so we're doing a bbq with burgers and hot dogs and a couple of salads to choose from. Then we'll put out supplies for s'mores later on in the night.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what we ended up having:

Platters of crostini with roast vegetables

Choice of salad or soup (Caesar, garden, or roasted red pepper and tomato bisque)

Choice of chicken supreme, salmon, or striploin, each with some type of potato and vegetables

Apple blossom with ice cream

In the end, it was very traditional, but it was *good*.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking of having a little cocktail/snacks out at my ceremony before our venue because our caterer at the venue is a little pricey for the apps and snacks (but the meals are well priced!).

We we have a buffet style meal and then cake/cupcakes and canopés in the evening ☺️
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All we know is turkey dinner and late night tacos.

I have no idea what to have as the vegetarian entree which is crazy since I'll be the one eating it! I'm considering just having a vegan option instead of just vegetarian since our videographer is vegan and so are some of our guests.

We have friends and family doing our catering so the menu is completely up to us, I'm at such a loss for what I want to eat on my wedding day

• Alanna
    Newbie June 2020 British Columbia
    Alanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 signature cocktails named after our dogs. And buffet style brunch!

-Waffle station

-Eggs benny station

-Potato Hash

-Sausages

-Fresh fruit salad

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing platters of finger foods circulating kind of all night. So there are 6 options 8-10 of each 6 option for each guest. So lots of food. Dates stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon, chicken satays, mac and cheese bites, vegan quinoa patties, vegan cauliflower "chicken" wings, and vegan pate. So yummy. Plus a dessert table with 6 desserts and 3 types of cake.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to the Keg afterwards because it is our family's favourite restaurant. So, we will be having steak, twice baked potatoes, and Billy Miner Pie for dessert.
  • S
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Stevie-lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No cocktail hr. But doing a buffet style. We are doing Salmon, Rotisserie Chicken nd Roast as our main course. We will have toaster potatoes, fried rice and rice and peas. Cabbage rolls and meatballs with steamed San Francisco veggies. A full salad table and fruit table. Also a dressert table of our cake, with cookies, cupcakes, macaroons and personal pies.
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing spring rolls and dumplings for cocktail hour, Korean & Filipino street food served from a food truck and a roast pig with the option to make sammies for late night snack. There will be a dessert table for anyone who wants treats.

This post got me hecka hungry!!!
  • W
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Whovian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to order pizza, have dessert items and baked goods from Costco.
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Reading this thread is making me hungry!

We're doing passed hors d'oeuvres, but haven't chosen yet from 11 hot and 10 cold. Salad is an avocado, beet & raspberry mix. Might add a cold soup course (I love potato & leek veloute!). Mains are beef tenderloin and chicken saltimbocca (stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, sun-dried tomato, and prosciutto) with local roasted veggies and potatoes. The vegetarian option is a tower of portobello, eggplant, peppers, zucchini, carmelized onions, spinach & tofu. Dessert will probably be something light, like strawberry shortcake or something. Late nite will be a Taco bar (cause I think poutine might be too heavy). I'm ridiculously excited by our menu.

Unfortunately, I'm also highly aware that I might have to scale back based on dietary restrictions. Smiley sad

• G
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having buffet style dinner, either chicken or braised ribs, buns, mashed potatoes, salad. Brownies for dessert instead of cake, custosy of my lovely grandmother....mid night lunch will be pizza!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We go for our menu tasting in october. It will be a llated meal with a chicken and beef option. Late night will probably be pizza and sandwiches.
  • Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing pretty traditional options for our cocktail hour, passed apps. For dinner we're having all of our favourite foods at different stations, that will be open for 2 hours. Sliders (beef, fried chicken, pulled pork and veggie), tacos (beef, shrimp and refried beans), poutine and a salad bar. Then we'll have late night pizza. For dessert we have donuts then we'll be opening a popcorn station. So basically everyone's going to gain a lot of weight at our wedding 😋
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats a good question I wish I remembered lol! Our caterer was booked super early and the menu was in french so we had to translate it and because of that the meal didnt stick with me. I know theres a beef, i think chicken parmesian or tournados. Spinach and cheese stuffed pasta for our veggi option, salads galore 1 being greek. Dessert is a fruit cake but thats the translation its more like a fruit flan. For our midnight buffet my aunts will probably outdo themselves again.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a buffet for dinner- roast beef with gravy, pesto chicken, mashed potatos, mixed beans and carrots, ceaser salad, garden salad, and buns. We also have few vegetarian options made just for those people and same with gluten free. Majority of what we are having is gluten free.

Late night lunch we are doing a grilled cheese station, different breads, cheeses and dipping sauces.

• Sarah
    Beginner May 2020 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having a very similar menu! love it

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a full antipasto bar as well for our cocktail hour. There's a lot of food! Then we have a four course meal (including a pasta dish and dessert). We'll then have a midnight table with a bunch of desserts, pizzas and we still can pick more.. so we're unsure on our next choice. There's a TON of options.

We're finalizing the menu after the tasting this fall!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a full antipasto bar for cocktail hour. The spread our venue puts out is insane! We are then doing plated pasta and meatballs. Our main course will be chicken or salmon with salad, potatoes and veggies.
    Dessert is caramel crunch. It’s basically a big macaroon type thing.
    Our late night buffet is fondue, pizza and McDonald’s cheese burgers.
    Our venue is super Italian so the food is very Italian.
  • lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a happy hour concoction similar to Sarah's! No sit down meal but we will be having a free one hour open bar with finger foods such as pot stickers, meat balls, etc (rest of night for liquor is a toonie bar) and then appetizers throughout the night will be a cheese board, charcuterie board, trio board, veggie tray, spinach and artichoke dip and salmon board. Other apps will be chicken satay, stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, etc. Late night is nacho bar and popcorn bar.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having catering from Danny's Whole Hog:

Pulled pork, BBQ Chicken, caesar salad, buns, mac & cheese, mixed veggies, baked potato's, and sauces!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a full antipasto display with our cocktail hour. Prosciutto, salami, mortadella, olives roasted red peppers, shrimp cocktail, bruschetta, clam marsala I cant even remember all the other stuff followed by salad, pasta, chicken with wild rice, beef medallions with garlic mashed, veggies and apple blossoms. Its family style so everyone can have everything. Late night is wedding cake, pizza, fresh fruit and poutine. I'm so looking forward to the food! I think it is my favourite part of our day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics