Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie December 2021 Ontario

Catering

Emmy, on July 5, 2020 at 09:45 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Having a really hard time finding a caterer/ bar in one for an outdoor reception with less than 50 people. Has anyone else had better luck??

7 Comments

Latest activity by Emmy, on July 8, 2020 at 00:07
  • E
    Emmy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly the way things are going im probably just going to have a pot luck event but thats ok cause my family has some wonderful chefs!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The price for a caterer could the same for booking a restaurant for the amount of people to feed. Comparing prices of the menu and bar is something to consider when making the final decision.

A caterer may not be enough to book as a certified bartender would also be needed if considering the outdoor wedding. Caterers may choose not to book at this time due to the circumstance of the situation at hand based on the area. I hope it works out for you and there is a good chance of a good deal.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Restaurants are a great idea because you can try their food by going there beforehand.

Also, don't underestimate the need for an industrial kitchen for catering large groups. 50 is a small number for outside events but not for a residential event. Even mansion kitchens have trouble with this number sometimes. Imagine trying to prep 50 plates of appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts simultaneously. It requires a lot of oven and stove space.

• E
    Emmy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe Ill take a look at some local restaurants and its a private residence but they do have a decent kitchen.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Which caterer have you spoken to? And does your venue include an industrial kitchen or will they have to prep everything beforehand and bring it to you? If it's the latter, you might as well order take out from a restaurant.

• E
    Emmy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ours is not until October 9th 2021 so I am not sure of they will be open by then but ill take a look into food trucks thank you!!
  • Emilie
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emmy,

I found that a lot of caterers are being cautious and often closed right now. I decided to go with a food truck instead. They did price for 85 guests as it is their minimum but it was less expensive then any sit down service. We also have a couple of professional chefs in food truck that have meals that are the same quality you would get for a plated meal. I find that the food truck is great for outdoors. As long as they have a place to park they bring the kitchen to you. Check what is offered in your city.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics