Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Expert August 2018 Manitoba

Caterer Dilemma

Vanessa, on April 16, 2018 at 18:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

So today I was given some sad news that our caterer that we have known for a long time has passed away. We were devastated by the news in 2 different ways 1) we have known her for a long time and 2) OMG! It's just shy of 3 months from our wedding and now we don't have a caterer!! And they were good and they were cheap and they didn't charge mileage. Almost everyone is taken and is anywhere from 10.00 to 20.00 + more expensive per person more expensive then them. UGH!! And we started off from 200 to 225 to 250 and now we are creeping upwards of 275 people. Feeling devastated right now in 2 different ways right now on top of being forced out of my home this month as well as wedding social in less than 2 weeks. So much so much so much.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on April 17, 2018 at 14:02
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness. how hard to deal with.
    I recommend looking into some of the wedding halls/clubs. In our area, a lot of them will do outside catering. which a lot of people don't think of.
    good luck in your search.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear about this. This is some difficult news. Definitely reach out to as many caterers as possible and explain the circumstances you are in. Best of luck in finding someone who can help make your wedding perfect!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Very difficult times indeed. I hope you are able to find a new caterer soon.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im so sorry to hear about that! It’s hard losing someone, and also incredibly stressful to lose a caterer. Perhaps you could go the route of buying your own food and paying a chef to come cook and set it out buffet style. I’ve heard of that saving a lot of money.. another could be to ask smaller businesses such as cafe’s or small restaurants about it. You truly never know. If you have Facebook I would also recommend joining a local buy & sell group where you can post asking about cheap catering. My cater isn’t advertised anywhere and I’m getting 17 dollars a plate buffet style, I only knew of her through my family, so you never know what’s out there. I truly hope you find something that works for your budget and wish you luck ❤️
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm so sorry to hear that! Losing a vendor is horrible, but with your circumstances too.. I really hope you're able to find a new caterer soon and I'm sorry for your loss
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry you're going through this dear.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh girl I feel for you! So sorry to hear about your caterer that’s so sad! I would definitely reach out on Facebook wedding groups there might be a caterer out there who can help you within your budget. I really hope you find someone soon, can’t imagine the stress you’re under Smiley sad
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry to hear! Honestly if you find anything under 20 that’s amazing I wouldn’t expect to find anything cheaper then 17-25. I would call local church’s to see if they have people who cater or local community centres they are usually cheaper and pretty good!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh goodness that’s awful! I hope you’re all doing well. Good luck with finding a new caterer, 10-20$ A piece for 275 people is a lot of extra money! Hopefully you find a good replacement.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you’re going through a lot right now. I have no advice but I hope that everything gets better for you soon and that you find a caterer that is close to the same price. That’s a huge difference for that amount of people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics