Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Cash bar on invite?

Tabitha, on October 18, 2019 at 01:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Do we indicate there is a cash bar on our wedding invite?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Tabitha, on October 28, 2019 at 19:42
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For sure put it on your invite or wedding website. Many people don’t come to a wedding with cash unless it’s in your card.
    I’ve heard of people going into their cards to take cash out because they weren’t prepared for a cash bar!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would be best to let your guest know as coming prepared. At the same time, its great for yourself to not fork out more money if no one had any idea and did think it was open bar.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I would definitely have it on the invitation. If it isn't on there I would assume open bar.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes please do. i NEVER walk with money to a wedding. so if i got there and saw it was cash only i would be upset haha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would. Heck, I had an open bar and a presentation box but didn't put it on the invitation and those were the most asked questions! Older folks want to know that they can bring presentation whereas younger people know it's just expected that there will be a place for it if somebody brings a card. Plus this determines how much $$ is in the presentation.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Kelsie that it would be good to have it on your invites just so your guests come prepared with cash for the bar (assuming the bar doesn't take plastic).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would only do people know to bring cash if they want to purchase drinks. If it’s not on the invite people might assume it’s an open bar.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics