Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cindy
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Caricaturist or Photobooth?

Cindy, on May 26, 2018 at 08:16 Posted in Wedding reception 0 19
I'm not sure yet, if it's in the budget but I'd like some sort of entertainment for our guests. We're trying to decide if we would like a photobooth or a caricaturist. Ive done a little research and they both could be around the same amount depending on the bells and whistles of choice. My guests would mostly be above 30. What do you think most people would enjoy? Anyone had a caricaturist or been to an event with one? Are photobooths still a hit?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 6, 2018 at 00:57
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photobooth for sure! A caricaturist is fun but I don't think it's as fun as a photobooth for a wedding.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photobooth!

A caricaturist is interesting, but I feel sometimes they include quirky traits in their caricatures that guests may not be crazy about. Plus, how many guests will actually keep or utilize them?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with a photo booth to ensure that every single person that wanted to enjoy the entertainment would be able to.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    While a charicature artist sounds awesome, I would just be worried that a lot of people would want one and not have time enough for everyone. Plus what other people said about not getting a copy for you and guest. Although if your guest list is small, I think it would be such a fun idea!!
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You gave a lot to think about, which I had not. Thank you for your input especially about where to hold them and us getting to keep them.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the photobook idea!
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is something I didn't think of. If more than one person is in the drawing, only one person would have it.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A photobooth is a lot quicker, and can involve more people at once than a caricaturist. But, a caricaturist is more original! Either one would be fun. With a photobooth, you could probably have it so that both you and the guest can get a copy of the picture, whereas a caricaturist would just have a copy for the guest.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a photo booth. With that we get a flash drive that we will take the photos and make a coffee table book with it.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a DIY photo booth, we are just going to hang a white sheet with some ivy vines and some flowers around it and have a selfie stick and a bunch of props for everyone Smiley smile
    ive never been to an event with a caricaturist but I know they take time to draw so not as many people would be able to enjoy it
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both sounds fun, especially the uniqueness of having a caricaturist. I would be wary about the amount of time though, and if you can only afford him for an hour or two, it may be a better option to do a photobooth. For myself as a guest, as much as getting a caricature done is super fun, I'd rather do a quick 1 to 2-minute photo shoot than stand around for 5-10 minutes getting my caricature. I would also be concerned about the size of the paper and where the guests would store them. Most ladies bring a small purse with them, and remembering to take your picture with you at the end of the night can be trickier than a small photo you can stash in your purse.

Just thinking of some pros and cons.

I myself had a photo booth with props. It was a ton of fun and guests of all ages could enjoy. Most of my guests were adults, but I did have a few children as well. The pictures definitely got funnier throughout the night and our photo booth attendant collected one of every picture for us so we have those to keep as well.

Food for thought!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! That’s incredible that he can do that many drawings in an hour. I definitely think that you can’t go wrong with either of your choices!
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thete is one caricaturist I found who also offered selfies, with the guests holding up their drawings and would send the selfies to the bride and groom. This comes with an extra charge but still it allows us to see our guests' drawings and reactions to them. He said he can draw 15-20 per hour. You can hire for up to 5 hours but it is more than I could afford.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true. Using the props could be fun for all ages.
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for sharing your experience between the two. It seems like a photobooth you get an experience for more guests.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Caricaturist sounds like a fun idea, but may take a lot of time per guest, while a photo booth your guest can get their photos within minutes. We are doing a mirror photo booth for our wedding. I find them to still be a hit a parties.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a photo booth would be more fun! More photos in less time and when there's props to use even the older crowds get into it!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think your guests might prefer a photo booth.
    A work event recently had both and the photobooth was the most popular. There wer 2 artists doing caricatures but one was better than the other and each took about 15 minutes to draw.

The photobooth was fun and playful and attendees got souvenir prints in minutes.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a photo booth. We are mid 30s and most of our guests are over the age of 30 as well. I would say it depends on how long it takes a caricaturist to do one drawing. And how many guests you’re having. A caricaturist sounds like such a unique and fun idea! The only nice thing with the photo booth is that you usually get copies of all the photos taken that night, and as the night goes on, they definitely get funnier. We will have a lot of kids and teens at our wedding too, so they will definitely get good use out of a photo booth.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics