Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Beginner June 2021 Quebec

Caribbean Cruise Honeymoon

Vanessa, on February 16, 2020 at 16:22 Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Hi everyone! I was planning on going on a cruise for my honeymoon in beginning October. I was curious to know if anyone has any cruise lines to recommend or any particular locations in the Caribbean to visit. This would be our first time on a cruise AND in the Caribbeans! Thanks Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 6, 2020 at 15:49
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe they are called princess cruises and ive heard really good things about them! we jujst got back from aruba and it was amazing. like blue clear water and white sand beaches it was sooooooooo nice!!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks this is really useful! ☺️
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect for me! It was around 25°C so I loved it, mostly all the Americans were complaining about how it was cold.... but back home it was -25°C.... so... I was happy with the weather! Mornings were a bit cool but that's when the hot tubs are free from kids so we capitalized on that, and then during the day when it did reach 25°C we would either be in the pool or doing an activity inside. (We left out of Port Canaveral in Florida, stopped at Costa Maya Mexico and Cozumel Mexico, and then back to Florida. Prot tip if you haven't been on a cruise - even though I go boating all the time, this was so different and found that the oil to put behind your ear helps with sea sickness!)

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How was the weather in December ?
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! I personally don’t think I’ll be able to leave from Puerto Rico (we are from Canada and are avoiding taking any planes). We would most probably leave from NY or Boston. Has anyone taken a cruise leaving from these ports?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on our honey moon in December to avoid hurricane season and ended up going through Costco Travel and picked Norwegian Cruise Lines. Was AMAZING!

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've cruised a dozen times or so, and I keep going back to Royal Caribbean. In my opinion, the best cruise itineraries leave from Puerto Rico and go to the smaller islands. I love St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Barbados, Curacao, St. Lucia, British Virgin Islands.

If you're looking for the best snorkeling though, you have to go through Roatán Honduras or Belize. It's unbelievable. We did have a great snorkel tour on St. Thomas that I'd highly recommend though!

If you decide on an itinerary, let me know if you'd like any tour recommendations. I'd be happy to help!

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope you have a great time Smiley smile
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow ! Glad to hear you enjoyed it ! I’ll definitely try to go snorkeling.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a southern Caribbean cruise in November 2017 with Celebrity and LOVED it! I hear Royal is good as well. We went with Celebrity because we were told they were one of the cruise lines to have really good food and we were not disappointed; in fact I was craving just a basic burger and fries by the end of it 😅

As for places we loved Barbados, Antigua & St Kitts but it depends on what you're into. We did a snorkel excursion in Barbados, a private stand up paddleboarding excursion in Antigua & an ATV tour in St Kitts. We also visited St Thomas, St Kitts, St Lucia & our cruise started in San Juan; this was right after the hurricane so there was a lot of things destroyed and a good chunk of San Juan was still without power but everyone was so kind and in such good spirits about everything.
    To be honest we loved all the places but St Lucia. The tour operators at the port were VERY pushy and I found it a bit scarier there. It was also REALLY hot and humid and anything worth doing off the boat was a long drive up hills and winding roads which I didnt love as much as I am prone to motion sickness. We would definitely go back on a caribbean cruise again in a heartbeat!
    Let me know if you have anymore questions Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend Royal Caribbean as a cruise line. We used them for our honeymoon cruise and loved them. There are so many activities on board, the food is great, the staff are so friendly. I’ve heard nothing but great things from others who have cruises with them too
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to say the same thing about hurricane season!

I've never been on a cruise but my aunt goes every year and uses Royal Caribbean.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your help, I'll definitely be taking this into consideration!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’ll probably want to opt for the southernmost part of the Caribbean. October is prime hurricane season but the southernmost part (like the ABC islands) are beneath the Hurricanes belt and aren’t affected. That way you won’t have to worry about it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics