Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Card stock

Slma, on May 18, 2020 at 16:01 Posted in DIY 0 7

I have purchased a really beautiful invitation template suite off Etsy. Rather than try and track down someone who can print it for me, I'm going to try and print it myself. Does anyone know of any good places to get good quality card stock? I'm looking for something at least 110 lb (as per the suggestion from my Etsy seller) and the invite is 5x7.

Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Slma, on May 21, 2020 at 10:54
  • S
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I am headed to Staples this weekend, after confirming it is open!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Staples is a great source with lots of options of colours and weights to choose what you like. They do print invitations at request to know how many you need. I had ordered from Craftysticks.com and they supplied 80 lb. paper stock for fans and created my own program to give out to family and friends at the ceremony.

Its always a good way to know what you make like though testing out different weights paper may cost less than others.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The friend who was designing our invitations was raving about PaperSource.com They have gorgeous options, and I think you can order just the paper or get everything printed by them.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Staples is great! You can upload and proof your design and submit your order online. You can then pick it up in store within a day or two or have it shipped to your home (they may only be doing the latter with covid but who knows). They have matte and glossy paper. If I recall 5x7s are less than $1 apiece. There’s also no minimum purchase so you can order a tester.
  • S
    Slma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been looking online and there are A LOT of options and prices anywhere from $15 - $400 for seemingly the same product. It's very confusing. My local Michaels is unfortunately closed to in person shopping and I'm hesitant to buy anything off Amazon without being able to see it first. Many of the reviews I saw said that the paper was not actually the heaviness it was advertised as. I might connect with a printing shop in my area to see if they can help.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Michaels has wonderful card stock and in a variety of colors

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try staples or amazon! any paper place should have cardstock