Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Card box - who takes care of it at the reception?

Natalie, on September 10, 2017 at 10:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
Hi ladies,Once the card box is filled with cards and gifts, who is responsible for taking it? At what point in the evening do you remove it? And where does it go - someone's car? House? We don't have a bridal party and I don't know if this is something our day-of wedding planner should manage or someone else. Your advice is appreciated!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 23:38
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally you can ask family. Hiwever, we asked friends, yet we left it til end of the party since guests were placing cards and signing our gyest book
  • R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Natalie,

We decided to leave it with the our grandparents.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hadn't even thought of this until my mom mentioned it. I think I'll ask my best friend (my MOH's hubby) to take it up to our room after the dinner is over.

Very interesting point of discussion! thank you!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good one. I never thought of that. Fortunately our wedding will be at one of our parents so that will not be an issue for safety.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having my fiances mom take it to our trailer and locking it up, so no one takes anything as cards tend to have money in them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to put my wedding planner in charge of this and give her the key to our suite so that everything is locked up somewhere safely.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had my wedding planner in charge of this and she made sure it went home with my mom at the end of the night! You can also just pick someone in your family or bridal party that you trust!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there Natalie. If you have a day-of coordinator I would absolutely task them with this. Maybe once the dinner is under way they can take it and lock it somewhere, in an office perhaps. You could ask your venue if they have a place where it can be stored.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having serious anxiety about this, only because I have heard some horror stories of the card box going missing at wedding receptions. I don't know if I want to put the pressure on someone else to make sure it doesn't go anywhere, or just have someone employed by the venue move it to behind the bar or something. I definitely want to have some sort of lock on it, but am struggling to decide where to physically keep it.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't recommend putting it under the head table or in a car. We had ours moved just before dancing into the main office at our reception hall and it had a lock on it. Also I have heard of some places putting the cards behind the bar because the bartenders are there. If its under the table, people could easily look there. And anyone can break into a car.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be keeping our card box near our table to keep an eye on it. We'll take it with us when we clean up. I made ours so that cards could go in, but the box would have to be broken open to get them out unless you carefully used an sharp blade to cut through the glue.

• Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!
  • Karina
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My brother and sister in law left theirs out all night and the two of them took it back to their hotel with them. Otherwise I'd agree with Andrea and get someone you trust to put it in a safe place for you.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally, the task is assigned to someone you trust. Depending on the venue, it could go into a locked car or you could have someone take it back to your hotel or house. My dad and fiance took care of the box at my sister's wedding, bringing it back to her house after everyone had arrived and gave their card.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics