Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessenia
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

Canmore/banff Reception with byob

Jessenia, on August 27, 2018 at 19:39 Posted in Alberta 0 12
Hi everyone!

My fiancé and I are looking to get married in the Canmore/Banff area! The venues we have searched up have been absolutely beautiful but we are looking for a place where we can provide our own booze in order to have the proper bar we want without it costing an arm and a leg. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where this could be possible??

thanks!!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Leslie, on March 8, 2021 at 21:16
  • Leslie
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Leslie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Breanne,
    I would love to hear more about your experience here! I am new to this app and do not know how to private message you hahaha
  • Lindsey
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey!

I am considering using the Miners Hall for our wedding. How was your experience? What caterer did you go with? Looking to go all local!
    Thank you!!Lindsey
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Miners hall is a great place to look into. Since they renovated a few years ago, its a lovely place. And the location is handy.

I used to live down the street, and every wedding party i saw (or heard haha), seemed to have a fantastic time.

• Jessenia
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Jessenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just looked this up and I think this may be a huge contender! Thanks!
  • Breanne
    Frequent user September 2019 Alberta
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I HIGHLY recommend the Canmore Miners’ Union Hall! We are using the hall as our venue for our wedding next fall. Super affordable and we get to bring our own alcohol and run our own bar. Plus we get free range in terms of catering. Another bonus is it’s a 3 day rental! So if you’re getting married on a Saturday, you can have access to the hall from Friday at 10am-Sunday at 4pm! Amazing bang for your buck! Feel free to message me if you have any more questions about it!
  • Jessenia
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Jessenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haven’t seen that one yet! I’ll check it out thanks!
  • Jessenia
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Jessenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome thanks I’ll check it out!
  • Jessenia
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Jessenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks !! May I ask which venue you went with that allowed you to get your liquor license?
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We selected a venue that allowed us to get a liquor license. In the end, we opted to go with the caterer because of the potential liability, the fact that we didn’t feel like selecting/buying/calculating alcohol needed and because our caterer is charging for bar staff, soft drinks and all the stuff necessary to mix drinks. It was still slightly cheaper, but we’re tired! Your caterer may charge a corking fee or some sort of fee for bar staff and what not. Would definitely shop around to see what makes sense for you.
  • Danielle
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Canmore Miner’s Hall. They’re not on wedding wire but you can just google their website
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw "BYOB" and associated it with guest bringing their own booze, but I re-read and understand now you mean you providing the booze. Well then it should work at the Rocky Mountain Resort as they do allow outside alcohol.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You may have to contact them in regards to guests bringing their booze. Not 100% sure if much venues allow this because you would need to get liability and licensing to provide your own booze.
    I took a quick look here on the site under the"Reception" tab in vendors and found the only one that seems allow you to bring outside alcohol.
    Banff Rocky Mountain Resort

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics