Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Super March 2018 Ontario

Candy Bar

Jessica, on January 22, 2018 at 16:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Need some advice about a candy bar. I've always intended to do one, and now that I'm in the planning stages, I'm on the fence. I love candy, but I feel like we'll have a ton of food already. We have the appetizers, a three course dinner, plus dessert. Afterwards, there are cupcakes and a late night snack. We bought M and Ms as our favours but that can always be a part of the candy bar. My biggest concern is that everyone won't touch the candy, and I'll have tons left over!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kristine, on January 24, 2018 at 11:22
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I could help!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been looking at lots of pictures on Pinterest for ideas. There are very few that look kid-like. As long as it's set up in a way and has decor around it, I think it'll be fine.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is amazing, it's practically the same as ours. Most of the opinions I got from my wedding party were to keep the candy bar, so I'll just reduce the size of it to make sure it's all eaten.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a candy bar at our wedding and it was a huge hit!

It officially opened after dinner, and stayed open the rest of the night. The only thing left were some mints. We had little bags that people could fill up and take home with them. I made sure to do popular candy instead of colour coordinated fancy candies.

We had a cocktail hour with hot/cold appetizers, a four course meal, and a late night snack with cake/desserts.

I only stocked it up once in large glass vases/containers (I wanted to make sure there were no leftovers)

My wedding only had five people under the age of 18.

We also did M&Ms as favours, and I still had a little box filled with M&Ms on each table.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you just make a small candy bar instead of a big one things will be fine. People always like foods they can pick at throughout the evening.

• Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As I mentioned my mom does a candy table every year for her work banquet and its always a huge hit. She used crystal dishes, never looks like a kids table. I think its all in the vessels you use for the treats!
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom does a candy bar every year for her fancy association banquet and after appies, drinks, buffet and dessert everyone still gets super excited to stuff a bag full of candy to take home. Many take extras for their kids and such and those who drink go crazy and take a ton :p Ive always thought it was a safe bet...candy stays good a long time and are easy to transport.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you have a lot of food and we're both in the same boat! I was debating doing a sweets table (pastries and such) but think I might have to give that idea up as I don't think it will get touched.

If you really like the idea of a candy bar you can still do one, but with less treats on it, just downsize it a bit!

Otherwise, think of it as a way to save money and just do the candy for our favours!

• Nicole Maid Of Honor
    Ontario
    Nicole Maid Of Honor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey, maybe instead of a candy bar. Turn them in to wedding favours for your guests if you don't already. My bride also wants a candy bar but worry be to much.
  • Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also interested in this post. The issue I’m having is how to set it up without it looking like a kids birthday corner. I will also have doughnuts at the same table.

Nothing wrong with candy candy left overs!! 😊
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a candy and chocolate table with little burlap bags for our guests to take as favours. It will be set up from the beginning so people can help themselves throughout the reception

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics