Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Beginner May 2022 Ontario

Candelabras! should I spray paint my silver candelabras or hard no? Pics in body

Jade, on August 20, 2019 at 14:52 Posted in DIY 0 19

Hello Fellow brides-to-be and all the Grooms out there!

I am getting married to the love of my life on October 17, 2020, and our theme is a light touch of beauty and the beast. trying to keep it as "un-corney" as possible. no big pictures of them. We are mainly just using the colours red, gold and blue, roses, some candelabras. There will be another candelabra, 1 pot with a cup, and a tall clock at our receiving table. very romantic looking. almost vintage french? Anyways, on our circular tables, we will have a single rose in a vase with green foliage around the base, tiny gold tea lights, dark royal blue/navy table cloths with gold charger plates. We will also have two family-style tables and our head table with wedding party will be a T shape. on those tables, there will be some candelabras that I am in the process of cleaning. Some of them I know for sure will need to be spray painted, but the silver ones we have just finished cleaning are sooooo nice and I am not sure if I want to spray them gold. they are just so beautiful. But silver isn't part of our colour scheme.

you can see the clock here Smiley smileCandelabras! should I spray paint my silver candelabras or hard no? Pics in body 1I love thriving, cause that's where I got all my wedding stuff so far!Candelabras! should I spray paint my silver candelabras or hard no? Pics in body 2they are just so pretty like thisCandelabras! should I spray paint my silver candelabras or hard no? Pics in body 3

What do you lovely people think? To spray or not to spray? That is the questions!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 24, 2019 at 16:31
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Actually sitting on a table in your reception the light would bounce of the silver and give them a glow. i would leave them as is

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I think it could be fun to mix them up a little. I went for a VERY mix-and-match theme with my centrepieces - assorted jars of different shapes and sizes, some with candles, some with string lights, some with small, round lights, sunflowers and baby's breath mixed through all of them. I was TERRIFIED it would be too much, or too weird but I LOVE the way it turned out (sorry I don't have any pics to share).

You could always do a mock set up somewhere and see how you like the look of it, but I think it will add some dynamism you wouldn't otherwise have. Gold and silver are pretty classic colours - there's no reason you can't have both!

• Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Even if I'm spraying other ones?
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're so beautiful! Personally, I don't think I could bring myself to spray paint them! I know they're not your colour scheme, but I'd say leave them!

• K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t spray paint. They look gorgeous as is.
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They dont say they are real silver, one is zink and one is lead and the others dont have any makings of what metal they are

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your ideas are great and wouldn't touch the candlebras at all since they match your theme. The only suggestion is to spray paint the bottom base of the rose holder covering the whole thing first so it doesn't turn colour. That would go well with the colour scheme.

So far I see your vision and looks good with the flower colours appeal that bring vibrancy to your décor. Nice job and great creativity.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wait...are they real silver?? DO NOT SPRAY THEM

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it were me, I'd leave them all as they are. I don't think it matters if some are different colors, and I personally think they are gorgeous as is!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are gorgeous the way they are. If you love them the way they are i don't know if I'd take the chance of spray painting them. Gold spray paint doesn't tend to look like gold.
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm super excited.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my god that is just awesome!!!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One things for sure. They should all be the same.

I would say at that point I would be leaning towards painting them all gold because I doubt that the paint silver and the actual silver will match.

• Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's my Future husband for ya. hahah

• Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. Beauty and the beast is out thing. we got engaged at Disney World in the beast castle, with a rose ring, Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wonder if there is a type of varnish you could use to make them more gold? Also thumbs up for the infinity gauntlet flipping the bird!
  • Jade
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Should all the candelabras be silver then? cause the other ones i have are not the same but need to be painted and i was going to just do them gold.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay for Beauty and the Beast theme! Your plans sound so awesome. We're doing the enchanted roses as our centerpieces. I think your candelabras look great silver. I think it will still look fine with silver not being part of your main colour scheme.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm on one hand - if they are already silver they look great... on the other hand they won't match the charger plates... but do they have to match - that's the question!

I would say to leave them silver. What's one more colour?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics