Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Can you import a guest list with full address

Jillian, on December 11, 2018 at 11:31 Posted in Tech support 0 4

I see you can import guests, but it only has their names, emails and postal code. Is there a way to import the full address--if not, what a pain.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Andrew, on September 28, 2021 at 09:55
  • Andrew
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Andrew ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like whatever loophole let you do this in the past has been closed. Even if you add all the possible fields to your template in Excel, the import process now only imports those provided in the default import/export template (name, last name, email, telephone, mobile number, postal code). :-(

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jillian! The only fields you can import are the fields in the guest list template (name, last name, email, telephone, mobile number, postal code). Once you've imported your guests you can add their addresses and other info individually in the guest list!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was able to do it. The only item missing was the comma between the city and province.

I believe this is what we did.

-Hover over ‘Planning Tools’, and click ‘Guest List’

-Click on the name of the event you would like to export guest data for

-Click ‘Export’ on the right side of the page

-Select whether you’d like to download or print the data

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was fairly certain you can do this... But you should start it at the beginning so you're not doubling up/overwriting guests. I THINK, if you add one guest and "export" the guest list, it gives you all of the possible columns of information.

If you follow those columns precisely, and add the rest of your guests into that excel sheet, you should be able to import it back in with all of your information. It looks for the column names that the program in the website knows to look for, so be careful not to change any of them (spaces, capitlization, etc). I would also just leave the unused columns blank... don't delete them, as I'm not sure if it would cause a glitch.

I'd test it with about 10 guests, and if it works, do the whole thing. I had already manually added the names of all 120 guests before I remembered about addresses, so I goofed myself on that one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics