Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island

Can’t decide on wedding colours.

Katherine, on July 25, 2019 at 19:39 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I need some advice! I can’t decide on wedding colours.
My wedding is in august(next year)
id love to put the guys in navy suits with brown shoes.
I love the look of brightly coloured flowers since I think they look cheerful and summery.
I like blush/light pink but I feel like it’s so over done in the summer and that everyone picks pink. Mauve would be my next choice but I feel like the flowers would need to be white in order to match well.
The theme is going to be rustic since our venue is very rustic looking

Can’t decide on wedding colours. 1

Can’t decide on wedding colours. 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sheena, on August 20, 2019 at 09:36
  • Sheena
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you going with real flowers or flake? If real consider the following:

Think of the season with your flowers. In your photo there are lots of peony which are done in June. August is great for yellow and orange flowers (at least here in East Ontario) - sunflowers, black-eyed Susans, day-lilies, tiger lilies - ect. All would look nice with navy blue. Also local wildflowers go really nice with a rustic theme.

You can also get bunch of different colors of day lilies and Gladiolas which may still be in season - both can be grown in coral which would be nice with navy. Both of these are easy to grow with minimal care required if you are able to have a garden. Then you can enjoy them before the wedding and years after as they are perennial. If you are going through a florist then ask what they have seasonally so you're not disappointed.

Day lily colour example

lilies-asiatic-mixed-colours-1_grande.jp

Gladiolus colours example

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like your thoughts on bright colours, and the navy suits/brown shoes will definitely lend itself to using bright colours in your bouquet. (I like both bouquets you posted, especially the colour variety in the second one.) Are you thinking of navy for the bridesmaids as well? Or is that where you're hoping to have the pink or mauve?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love navy and coral - it's not quite pink/blush, but I think it gets the vibe you are sort of looking for. I find the coral and navy looks great for late summer (August) to fall (November) weddings, but you can really do what you want!

navy and coral with mason jarsCan’t decide on wedding colours. 3

navy and coral - guys in navy suits, girls in coralCan’t decide on wedding colours. 4

navy and coral - with similar flowers to your inspirationCan’t decide on wedding colours. 5

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Airy AzureCan’t decide on wedding colours. 6

SunflowersCan’t decide on wedding colours. 7

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister did the blue and orange with grey. It looked great. Hers was more of a royal blue than a navy but it would still look nice.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about orange/peach and navy? That way you keep the navy and peach is like pink but not quite. Still a summer refreshing look Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about a lighter blue? And then pair it with the guys in navy. You can always add pops of colour to your flowers.
    Or even a lilac, or if your dress is white, you can have the girls in a champagne coloured dress with pops of colour

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics