Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alyssa
Curious April 2021 Manitoba

Can’t decide on my flowers

Alyssa, on September 17, 2020 at 18:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
I am having the hardest time deciding on my flowers. I have no idea about how I want it to look, type of flower, shape. And I even feel like I’m changing my mind about colours. I already put a deposit down at a florist shop and she created a proposal according to my vision about a month ago. The more I think about it the more I feel like I want to change everything literally every day. I love flowers, but the only place I am getting them is my bouquet ans centrepieces because, as much as I love flowers I don’t want to spend a ton on something that is for one day. So I want those few bouquets that I will have to be beautiful and elegant. But because I keep changing my mind and having an inner fight with myself because I don’t want to spend a ton of money for something that is only for one day, I’m starting to wonder if I should have just DIY’d them.
How do I choose how I want my flowers to look?!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on September 20, 2020 at 10:55
  • Alyssa
    Curious April 2021 Manitoba
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That looks so beautiful! I’m glad you were able to make a choice!
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly just went though this. I am doing artificial flowers and we hit the local shopsCan’t decide on my flowers 1

today actually and found some lighter peach flowers and greenery and took apart the bouquets I had (I actually bought them used) and re made one of the bridesmaids today. I was searching Pinterest for inspiration for days. The one on the left was my new design (not perfectly set but rough draft) and right is what it was.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Researching colour combinations may help to put together choices first and then flowers that match those colours. The florist can suggest and show you some choices of what is available for the season than going overprice on out of season flowers. Images on the internet also is a way to help put your thoughts into what may work towards your ideal bouquet colour choices and types working together.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a favorite flower or two? You can always start with that and go from there. My fiance and I knew we wanted calla lilies and hydrangeas. So when we went to our flower lady we told her this is what we want and she completely nailed our vision. She had added berries anemia flower and leaves with the calla lilies for our bouquets and for our centerpieces the hydrangeas with the berries and leaves. We had bought them last summer (they're artificial) and have been sitting in a box since. We had just taken them back to our flower lady so she can make them up for us as well as our corsages and boutonnieres

• Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have any favorite flowers? My dream was always calla lilies. I had to change that dream but I knew being my favorite I couldn't go wrong. I agree with hank too, seasonal flowers are the least costly choice, which is why I had to switch from calla lilies lol
    Good luck! And remember flowers are always beautiful no matter what!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you really like flowers and would like anything, you could ask your florist to go wild with their own vision and see what they want to do. It might help narrow things down for you when you see what they would think to do.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you haven't spent money on coloured accessories to match your theme, you can always ask for your florist for what was seasonal based on July 2020 and pick your favourite from there. Seasonal flowers will cost less due to higher availability. Then based on that, your colours can match accordingly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics