Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cynthia
Curious August 2020 Ontario

Can someone please explain this to me... (i’m in Ontario)

Cynthia, on October 14, 2019 at 22:08 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

Can someone please explain this to me... (i’m in Ontario) 1 Can someone please explain to me what I exactly I need to do 4-6 months prior?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 16, 2019 at 16:34
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You and ur hubby to be need to attend at service ontario within 90 days before the ur wedding date and pay for and get a marriage certificate that you bring to your priest/officiant.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cynthia....I know how it works when you get married in house of justice! You go there...you need to bring your documents with your husband, passports and also I think birth certificate. I am not sure. And they will check and will tell you which dates are available.

And then they will tell you all you need to do next! But there is no any paper work really! But if you will have officiant..then he should tell you how it works when you make legal part outside house of justice.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think wedding wire has the "begin the first steps to legally get married" to remind you to research how to get married in Ontario. You can get the licence up to 90 days before the wedding so you definitely don't want to get it 4-6 months out.

You can also click on individual tasks and edit/delete things if they don't apply to you!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t know what that is about lol.

DH and I went to get our marriage license 1 month prior to our wedding. We went to our local city hall, brought 2 pieces of ID (I can’t remember if we needed both, but we brought 2 just in case), and filled out the paperwork. Since we went together we were able to fill it all in right then and there. THEN, they give you what you need for your ceremony and all the legal stuff. It’s so easy!
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need that long, I find the checklist has you do certain tasks early so you don't have to rush them later. Better to get it done now then to forget about it or rush/ squish it in with everything else you will be doing at the 2-3 month mark. I recommend maybe looking into the legal process of marriage for your province and getting organized now so you don't need to do it later.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure what that is. From what I read on-line you can only get your marriage license up to 90 days before hand. You need two pieces of ID and need to go to your municipal office.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics