Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Calling all Sept 2019 weddings!

Vanessa, on October 30, 2018 at 14:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Tell me about your wedding! We get so caught up in the planning and stress that sometimes we forget to gush about our dream day!

Ceremony: My FH and I are getting married in a Catholic church. Both of us are Catholic and by chance grew up going to the same church so it was important for us to get married there (fun fact: we're the same age, went to the same high school, and lived 5 mins away from each other but never met until after university!).

Reception: I just wanted a nice, modern looking venue, with A TON OF FOOD and that's what we got!! Food and music is the most important thing for us so we want to make sure it's a tasty and fun filled party!

Colours/Decor: I love flowers so I want lots! I want everything to be bright and airy - lots of whites, blush pink, and greenery. My girls will be in navy blue as a contrast.

Tell me about your day!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on October 31, 2018 at 15:56
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!!

I definite lol'ed when I read your fun fact about you and your FH! It's such a small world!

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loooove the tropical theme idea! Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful day!

Félicitations!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds amazing! A food truck sounds like so much fun! Happy planning!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!
    Ceremony: We are getting married at the Vignoble de Chelsea (Québec), which is 20 minutes outside of Ottawa and is surrounded by the Gatineau Park. We initially wanted to get married in Canmore or on Vancouver Island but it would've been too expensive and trouble for our families/friends to travel from Ottawa/Gatineau to AB or BC. So we decided on this super low-key location. Our ceremony will be bilingual, as I am French-Canadian and definitely want to incorporate that in our union.

Reception: Located at the same place as the ceremony (YAY!). We won't need too much to decorate the venue, as it is very pretty as it is! For example, the tables are massive slabs of dark wood, with black chairs and massive windows! To keep things simple (and within budget) we've decided on a méchoui-style buffet of pork and beef. We'll have vegetarian options of course! We'll offer wine at dinner, but the rest of the evening will be a cash bar.

Colors/Decorations: After going to Hawaii on vacation, I've been obsessed with Protea flowers haha. So our main "theme" will be modern/minimalist tropical with pink, greens and gold accents!

• Kateland
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI!

I'm getting married at a small hall in the small town where my parents live. There is a large chunk of property, and we were able to rent the hall/land for $150. We're renting a big tent in case it rains. Colours are grey and maroon! I'm not into flowers, so were just doing bouquets, boutonnieres, and aisle flowers. Our wedding favors are cupcakes, and all of our decor is DIY stuff! Our dinner is a local Italian restaurant who was able to get us a carving station and some other options for a reasonable price. My mom owns a food truck so that will be our "late night snack". I am so far ahead with planning, but I truly can't wait to marry my best friend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics