Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

Calgary Marriage Registries

Emily, on June 1, 2019 at 17:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Hello there!

I have found my wedding officiant and he is going to help us with the marriage certificate/other paperwork, but where in Calgary do I go to get these things? Where have you gone? Do you remember what the costs associated were?

My wedding isn't until a year from now, but just preparing for when the time comes.

Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on June 7, 2019 at 13:01
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Southtrail Crossing Registry and it cost us $82 - It was super easy! We just had to fill out a simple form.

• Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any registry basically! I went down a few weeks ago to a registry office in Shawnessy. It cost $96 for us. Keep in mind that the license is valid only for 3 months, so you need to do it within that time window of your wedding.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Emily!

Did you check out the government of Alberta's website yet? Were you able to find this information?

Let us know Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anywhere you get your drivers licence, you can get your marriage licence. We went to a KVP in Edmonton (not sure if they are across the province or not) and it cost us about $72 last year. But, I did see on a local Facebook group that people had paid nearly $100 for it. AMA is also around $72 if your a member (based on 2018 pricing anyway)
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you go to the government of Alberta website (just google getting married in Alberta) it’ll have the costs and locations. If you’re an AMA member you can get them there. 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics