Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Cake smash - I do or I don't?

Joey, on September 19, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 18

What's your opinion on a cake smash - totally cute, or way too messy for your wedding day? Have you and your SO talked about whether you'll do one?

Will you keep it neat and sweet?Cake smash - I do or I don't? 1

Photo by P.S Forever After in Kingsville

Or will you get all up in there?Cake smash - I do or I don't? 2

Photo by Photography By Shivani in Toronto

18 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on December 28, 2018 at 11:32
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I preferred to keep my makeup on point and didnt want to risk getting cake all over my husbands nice suit!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. With the cost of makeup for the day, there's no way I'm messing that up with cake!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely not. That cake is a lot of money, my dress is going to be a lot of money. I can’t justify making that sort of mess
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my FH’s family, getting icing on the birthday person is a big thing. And we will literally chase people around the house for this. So I’m going to say no for our wedding day. We do it all the time and it gets pretty intense. I’m not spending all this money to look good and then have icing everywhere
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had this discussion with my FH couple of weeks ago. I don't find smashing funny at all. I said NO smashing or I would be very mad at him and I would walk out of the wedding. And he knows I really meant it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't smash. It wasn't worth it wasting cake as it was served and top tier was saved.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NOOOO. I've told my FH as well, you do NOT mess up my make-up, and risk getting icing on my wedding dress... I've told him I'll probably dab a little icing on his nose or something for a cute photo, but you don't pay someone to do your make-up and then have someone ruin it with cake... haha.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! I told my Fiance I will be mad if he does this. I am not paying money to have my makeup done to have cake smashed over my face. Not funny haha.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! My fiance and I both agreed that this was not going to happen. Neither of us like it plus neither of us want to get cake on our outfits so no.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely don't.
    To be honest this also just might be because I'm not used to it, it's not a thing in the Netherlands as far as I know and I just sorta think it's a waste to be honest and dirty
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told my now husband ! That I didn’t want the cake in my face but on the day of he put a little in my face and I’m so glad he did! Made for a funny moment. And really didn’t take that much makeup off.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't! My FH and I both find this tacky. We'd like to stay nice and clean, please! Also, we won't be having cake at our wedding, so there's no chance of this happening (YAY!)

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't! My fiancé and I BOTH dislike this, and it was one of the first things we agreed on. As I recall, we were watching a wedding show (Okay, I was and he was sitting next to me, lol) and they did it, and I looked at him and said "If you want to be married for more than a few hours, you will not do that." and he agreed vehemently.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be totally ok with this as long as my MUA is on hand to fix my makeup after! lol I think it makes for good pictures and it's a once in a lifetime picture so you've got to go for it if that's the kind of people you are - which we are. If we didn't then it would be weird....

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Noooo smashing! I'm still undecided about whether to have a cake or not but if we do that won't be happening lol
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No smashing, might feed a piece off a fork but I'm already a messy eater, I want to keep my dress as clean as I can throughout the day.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nooo smashing thank you! I want to keep clean! Paying for a gown and makeup theres no way I'm going to risk ruining it with some cake. My fiancé is a super neat person when it comes to food (hates eating with his hands) so this is 100% a no go! We'll prob feed each other a small bite! With a fork! Hahah!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No smashing here. I didn't at my first wedding either but my brother decided to smash it into my face, so when HE got married I did it back 😂. BUT, no my fiance and I will not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics