Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious August 2020 Alberta

Buying Wedding Bands

Shyrelle, on May 28, 2019 at 01:14 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
So who here bought their band at a physical store or online? Here's my debate, after a full, frustrating day of trying on rings we finally found the perfect store and realized I just wanted to go with a straight plain white gold band. Buuut I got curious and went on Etsy after. I figured since it's a plain simple ring it should be easy to find. Surprisingly a handmade ring supporting the smaller people is way cheaper than the big store... but there are more options and I can't try it on with my engagement ring. Do I order 2mm, 3mm, 2.5/3.5/4... or just go back to the store where I know it works?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on May 28, 2019 at 17:14
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had ideas of what I liked/wanted but once I saw my "perfect" ring beside my engagement ring I hated it.. lol try before you buy!

• Elizabeth
    Newbie January 2022 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a big believer in trying before you by, and etsy doesn't really make that easy, and they are more likely (because of the nature of the website) to not allow returns/exchanges, so you may be stuck with something you don't LOVE. I vote buy in store!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to a store and tried on a ton. Our rings are matching, and we honestly were not even going for that when we went in.

Look at ones in store that match what you want on Etsy so you can get a feel with the size and how it looks!

• S
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense. I looked at ones that fit around my ring perfectly, I love the idea and the look on other people, but somehow was just drawn to the other one. I wouldn't have guessed it until trying it on.
  • S
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea!
  • S
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya I had planned to find the one I tried on, online but I didn't realize there are so many differences between plain bands. They're all size 6 plain gold bands, but they're different mm wide or taller vs more flat.... then debating if it's much of a difference anyway?
  • S
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice. Ya I tried on 100 but didn't go through with the buying. My FH is using his dad's ring.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought mine at a store. We went together tried multiple ones on and seen what we like that matched each other and bought them. There was a promo on at the time too.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought our rings 6mm at a store with a promotion at that time. It cost less without the though of having of resizing after the wedding adding that extra cost on top of our purchase.

I have seen online simple rings you are talking about and costing less than what you would want to spend in a store. You feel comfortable and know your size, get the ring online. The store is giving a good price and your happy with that decision, its the way to go.

Debate within the 2 options and go with the best choice and price. That is what I would do if I could go back and do the same.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go in store and see what each size would look like to get an idea and then go from there. Like the others said, it would give you a better idea without taking a shot in the dark.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got outs in store.. my engagement has a matching band but I looked on etsy as well.. I personally LOVE etsy. If you're concerned about the sizes, message the seller. maybe they can send you different pictures of each size on a hand etc. I find for the most part, sellers are very helpful

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Etsy but I’m going to get my band in store.

i want the band to match my ring perfectly.

If you want to do Etsy, I would recommend doing what the others have said and go in store to see what you like then order it from Etsy.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this. Find a ring on Etsy then go try a similar one in a store pretending you’re considering it. You’ll get a better idea!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you find a ring that works with your e-ring in a store and order one from Etsy in the same size?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics