Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kourtney
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Bust help!

Kourtney, on June 17, 2020 at 20:49 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hello! I went to try on dresses today and fell in love with a dress. The only problem is my boobs have zero lift and the only way I can get this dress is if I figure out some support. They will be making alterations but that is only half the battle as the dress isn't structurally sound enough to provide the support I need. I am trying to find a plunging front and backless body suit for plus size ladies. I don't think sticky cups or tape will do the trick. Why is it so hard to get some support for us bigger girls. Anyone have luck finding anything? 42DDDBust help! 1

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 28, 2020 at 14:28
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get a seamstress. they work magic. im sure she can pull in the dress in that area to give you a lift or make cups or something.

• Kourtney
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea. Unfortunately just adding push up cups won't do as the dress is supposed to sit just above my butt and my boobs pull it down in the front but maybe tightening around the waist might help. They are also adding material to the back to add some more support. But maybe they just don't want a big girl in a dress like that. I won't let them discourage me though. Trying some excersizes to help make my boobs smaller lol.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although my dress wasn't a plunging neckline (it was a V), the back of my dress was illusion backless so I was also unable to wear a bra in it. What my seamstress did was bring in the dress under my boobs so that my boobs couldn't go any lower than where I wanted them - and that held up my 36J's, so if that's something your seamstress can do; I highly recommend!!

Bust help! 2In the pic you can see the back that I was working with was just illusion material, yet in the front my boobs looked good (at least in my opinion as well as my DH's Smiley tongue )
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely see if a seamstress can add cups. They will provide some support.

Have you given any thoughts to a halter top dress? It could be plunging, and backless but still provide support to lift!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with what everyone said about talking to your seamstress.

I would stay away from “sticky cups”. I’m a 36dd and they kept falling off (of a normal dress nonetheless lol). If you really want the lift, I would suggest go with the tape option. Kim kardashians is actually pretty good and will hold. You may have to add an additional layer or to (to the width not on top of each other lol). But I found hers to be really good especially if you want your boobs to hold up 😊
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The seamstress will help! But otherwise, go find a local bra fitter that carries all the European brands. They're usually super helpful and can give you more ideas.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that dress looks amazing on you. So beautiful. I agree with the others and I'd see if your seamstress can help.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to your seamstress and see if she's able to put in cups for the added lift and support. I have a v-neck front and back for my dress and my alterations lady is adding pushup cups to mine since I can't wear a bra.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would reach out to a seamstress and show them the photo to see what they would do to give you the best support.

They might add a little fabric in the plunge to hide a more supportive garment. But I'm sure there are other ways to give the girls a boost!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would them adding cups or maybe a bustier be an option? I didn’t know it was an option when I got my dress until they mentioned it as an alternative to a bustier, I’m opposite and have no bust and needed extra to help the dress fit right lol. Also I agree, I think it’s difficult to find a lot of stuff for plus size, it sucks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics