Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bell
Beginner September 2018 Manitoba

Brunch reception-enough planned?

Bell, on September 28, 2018 at 05:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Just want to ensure I have done "enough" for our wedding reception to ensure the guests will have fun and that things will run smoothly. We are having a late morning ceremony at 11 am. At 1130 a.m.-12:30 p.m. guests will have cocktail/coffee hour while we get photos done.

Reception to begin at 12:30 p.m. With a plan to serve brunch around that time. At 130 p.m. bride and groom will say speeches and have first dance. Father daughter dance as well. 200ish cake cutting/donut wall. 230 onwards dance and mingle. We have an open bar, mimosa bar, coffee station, DIY photobooth. We wanted an easy going relaxed have fun and mingle without a load of formalities and structure...does this sound ok???

My fiance wanted to bring in a ping pong table of all things...is this necessary??? At this point we are leaning towards not but if it will add more fun element perhaps we should?

. Our photo booth is just DIY/selfie as our photographer didnt provide this. We are already overbudget. Is the use of ppls phones ok or is this lame and should i get a polaroid or bring a universal tablet ppl can use?

Also, we havent got a dj..we just have created playlists, have assigned a music man, and they have a great sound system there. Does this sound reasonable? Am I missing anything? P.s. wedding is in 2 days! 😊

7 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on September 29, 2018 at 19:03
  • Heather
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your wedding sounds awesome. I love the idea of a mid morning ceremony and a brunch/lunch reception and that's why it is probably be what my fiancé will be doing too. Smiley laugh
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, this sounds wonderful. Very nice for a day time wedding/reception!! But I have a conflicting opinion regarding the ping pong table... If your FH really wants it... and it can be set up somewhere where it's not in the way... I'd let him have it. It's his wedding too, and it's kind of a mid-day fun activity for guests... much like lawn games for an outdoor wedding. But if he's indifferent, or let's it go, then let the idea fade away on its own.

• Bell
    Bell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone!!! Nixing ping pong table!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it all sounds fantastic! nix the ping pong table! haha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds good - I would do without the ping-pong table though, it's not like many will be getting drunk at noon! (You would think...)

As for the rest - I would just say to make sure you bring chargers for whatever the playlist is on - and yes, it would probably be preferable to bring a Polaroid camera or the tablet (again - bring a charger!)

• Bell
    Bell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Kim!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds great to me!! I love brunch so your wedding sounds awesome Smiley smile I would say no on the ping pong table though... I don't think it would be necessary

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics