Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Devoted September 2019 Quebec

Brunch Reception

Stephanie, on January 15, 2018 at 09:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21
Hello everyone,

It's been a crazy year for me with a major move across the province, changing jobs and getting to know the new city.

Before the big move, I was planning a nice reception for about 50-60 guests in a rustic reception hall LaVieille Brasserie in Lachine.

Having thought about it, I think I would like to lean towards a nice brunch instead of fancy dinner..
Seeing fruit, waffles, muffins etc just makes makes me excited for.some reason. The decor would go with the brunch idea and seeing the venue is rustic, it's not too bad.

I would like your opinion if you've ever been at a brunch Reception and how would I go about doing it? I'm not even sure who can cater brunches. I know my fiance is 100% with the idea of brunch, originally his but I said no last year..

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be great!

Cheers,
Stephanie

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on May 1, 2018 at 14:26
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol no way, you’re also planning a brunch wedding! We haven’t caught up with each other in a while, but that is the option we pretty much settled on in Decemeber. So fun Smiley smile hope you’re well! I got some catering quotes, lmk if you’d like to take a look/chat about them.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooooh, I'm all about brunch weddings!! Have you settled on the idea yet? Have you found a caterer who does brunch?

• S
    Newbie March 2018 British Columbia
    Sophia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a champagne brunch wedding. It was great! The guys that were there loved it because not just eggs, waffles, sausages, but they has prime rib and a ham. As for the champagne you could add orange juice. Or if you did not drink then just orange juice. Did not hear anyone complain that there was no open bar. After all it started at 11am and ended about 3pm.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Stephanie,

We had an engagement party brunch and everyone loved it! Even our picky guests!
    I always love breakfast items any time of the day. Brunch is a great way to give people breakfast and lunch !!!!!

I loved it so much I thought we should have done it for our wedding!

Did you book your reception already? I know you have a venue in mind but as you have a small group maybe doing brunch at a restaurant that's known for brunch and could provide a full brunch menu would be a good idea? In my opinion food is always paramount and at the top of the list for any event and I would make sure if I did have to have it catered that the caterer has done brunches before and it's not something they just tell you they "can" do. If not I would rather have it at a restaurant that provides brunch. Golf courses are good options as well.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Melinda. Looks really nice. To far for us though. We live in Guelph.
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The Herb Garden in Almonte, On. It is a beautiful location and we got a substantial discount for booking on a Sunday.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried to reply here but think it when on the main thread. Was wondering where you had your reception? Sounds like fun.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask where you had your brunch and reception? Sounds like a lot of fun.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're totally doing a lunch reception as well and the people that know till now have all replied positively and are all immediately saying it'd fit us better as well.

One of our biggest "I don't know what to do" about it though is the bar. So I'm wondering, do you who go and do brunch reception pour / offer alcohol? Would it be weird or cheap to not offer open bar? We're a bit on the fence for it cause we don't wanna disappoint our guests but it also is something we really wouldn't do (drink alcohol around those daytime hours)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea! I would really like this as a guest.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am still having some dancing. Since it's a smaller wedding, max 50 ppl I don't expect too much of it.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a brunch reception and they had mimosas and all the best brunch foods. Their favours were little bottles of maple syrup and custom tea bags. After the brunch they had a bunch of lawn games set up for everyone to play and it was really fun. They had people over to their house afterwards for more drinking into the night after they all got their photos done and such.
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a great idea! I would set up a Momosa bar, a waffle station and include local maple syrup, omelette station too!
  • Y
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Yvonne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you do brunch do you skip the dancing?
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a brunch reception and it was awesome! All the catering companies we talked to were able to offer us brunch, but we did have to shop around for a good price. The only major problem we had is that we only had 35 guests and some catering companies will only do functions with over 50 guests or charge more if under that many guests. You would think less people would be cheaper but many places charge more per person when you have less people so it actually ends up being almost the same.

In the end we found a really great caterer for an excellent price. We had muffins, tea, coffee, water, lemonade and other sweets (tarts, brownies, can't remember it all) set out for when people arrived to eat before and right after the ceremony. After the ceremony we had a mimosa bar with sparkling wine and different types of juices. We had a huge brunch spread - bacon, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, frittata, baked beans, cheese platter, roasted potatoes, three types of salad, potato leek soup, homemade bread and butter. It was a ton of food, but we love eating and it was all super delicious. We considered doing waffles/pancakes but we decided to lean towards savory breakfast foods since we had sweets beforehand and also cupcakes as the desert. We had very positive feedback from our guests. Everyone loved the casual, relaxed atmosphere and I think people like the daytime vibe. We didn't do dancing/DJ, but there's no reason why you couldn't if that's what you want. We opted for lawn games and just general socializing and it was perfect for us because it reflected our laid back personalities. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Pre-wedding refreshmentsBrunch Reception 1pre-wedding treatsBrunch Reception 2

• Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also doing a brunch wedding with about the same number of guests!
    I narrowed my menu down to 3 breakfast options for everyone to choose from (French toast, waffles, cereal/yogurt) and then fresh fruit and baked goods on each table.
    My family/bridesmaids are helping me make all the food to save on catering.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A brunch reception is an awesome idea! I'm sure you'll find some caterers that do that, I think if you go to local restaurants that do brunches they may be able to help out.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great feedback on Facebook. I will definitely check there.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooh I would totally love to go to a brunch reception with pancakes and waffles! I've never been to one so I don't really have any advice there but if you have a local facebook group (here in Ottawa we have an Local Brides Buy-Sell group that also doubles as a place to ask venue questions) maybe ask there if anyone has catering suggestions.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always wanted a brunch reception! I am sure there are places that will cater. Ask around at local restaurants that serve great breakfast. They might have catering options or be willing to cater.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it is a great idea! I would be super excited to go to a brunch wedding as a guest haha.
    I am sure there are people that cater that you might just have to look a little longer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics