Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Bridesman Gift Ideas?

Lisa, on July 23, 2019 at 12:13 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

My son, who is 28, is walking me down the aisle and will stand with me as Bridesman. My daughter (24) is my MOH. She's been pretty easy to select gifts for, but I'm at a loss for my son. I have a hip flask and will buy him a bottle to go with it, and I want something personal and meaningful as well - but not the typical glass or pocket watch, as that's just not his type of thing.

Any brilliant ideas?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on July 31, 2019 at 18:10
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh!! So beautiful!!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ordered this from a local maker and she finished already! Here is the pic she sent me, it’s being mailed to me as we speak! Thanks for the great idea!

Bridesman Gift Ideas? 1
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

High Five to a decision made and looking forward to seeing the picture!

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered a custom tie patch - will post a pic when it comes in! Smiley smile Thanks again for the idea!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Suggestion of sports tickets for 2 (son and father) to enjoy a game together for the team they root for. Concert tickets can also be a good surprise for him to enjoy a weekend getaway and get to see his favourite group/artist.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! Girls I find tend to love typical bridesmaids gifts more than guys and groomsmen gifts. We even have a best women but she's hard to shop for too, since she's not into overly girly things

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, guys are definitely harder to buy for - especially for these types of things!

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking maybe some soccer tickets (we have a new professional team in Winnipeg, so that might be good).

Thanks!

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm...good ideas. He's a musician so maybe something related to that... Smiley smile

Thanks!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you end up doing it, let me know! I might have to steal the idea for my dad! haha

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That photo tie patch looks really neat, thanks for sharing! I definitely want something sentimental, so this might fit the bill without it being too cheesy. Thanks!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find guys are always harder to buy for than girls!

Something that he enjoys doing? Going to sporting events, concerts, something along those lines?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guys are so hard to buy for!! I had no problem with the bridesmaids but the guys took forever lol!

I agree with Tori, get him something that he'll use everyday/speaks to his interests. Gifting experiences is also a way you could go - i.e. concert tickets, sporting events, etc.

We're getting frosted, engraved steins for our groomsmen, best woman, and MC. I'm also thinking of doing ball caps for their favourite teams or personalized in some way.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well my FH is 29 - and he likes gifts that he would use on a daily basis. His job is a Carpenter so anything tool related is great - maybe you could get him something that relates to what he likes to do? Then when you have something, see about getting it engraved Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What if you did something more sentimental? Like a photo of the two of you? Something he can keep.

Or, a tie with a photo or sweet message on it? Like in the link below!

Pinterest Photo Tie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics